22lb Cod - River Mersey

Pete C&C

What a cracker Paul Lonsdale from North Wales was aboard the Olivia Jeanne, Skippered by Martin Jones when he hit into this superb fish. :D

weighed in at exactly 22lb!

They lost another fish that comparable with this one!

bigcod.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you dale, it was a nice fish that should have been returned to spawn, this catch kill policy of many sea anglers does not belong in the sport anymore it is a bad image,wasteful, and does absolutely jack as far as i am concerned for the future of sea angling....

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Lovely fish Pete, thanks for posting the image ... nice to see more big Cod been caught somewhere ... nice big grin on anglers face, and I dont blame him!

Would of been a great sport on semi-light gear.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Interesting point brought up by Stavey and Dale, you all know I like to see a good fish returned if possible but I have been told that cod don't lend themselves very well to C+R.

Any thoughts chaps?

PS I am refering to shallow water caught cod here.

Edited by Sharkbyte

LOVELY FISH, if cod were left for a few years instead of being taken at 35cm there would be more great fish like this, being very fast growers it wouldnt take many years.

again well done!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Interesting point brought up by Stavey and Dale, you all know I like to see a good fish returned if possible but I have been told that cod don't lend themselves very well to C+R.

Any thoughts chaps?

PS I am refering to shallow water caught cod here.

I use to put plenty of codling back years ago when inshore dingy angling with no problems at all, strange thing though is the look i used to get from the neanderthals i used share the boat with when doing this, as they filled box after box to take home half the time for the cat, looks like some things dont change sharkbyte.........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly