Idiot Dog Owners.

Peter Waller

I have mixed feelings about dog owners, much strained after yesterdays episode of owner stupidity. Went out piking yesterday late afternoon/evening. Was fishing near a fairly high quay heading when the inevitable stick was thrown into my swim and a large black lab followed it. Thanks, don't I just love thoughtless folk like you! Fido swims to the shore, faithfully to return the idiot's stick. But how does a three stone lab climb a four foot high quay heading? Okay, so muggins the angler goes to the rescue, one large and worried dog in a boat full of tackle is not a good mix. And did they say 'thank you' for rescuing their dog? Yes, you guessed it, no.

And, unlike the dog and lure episode, I bet this one doesn't make the press. Idiot dog owners, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

P.S. It was a very nice dog, when he'd calmed down and realized that my boat is pretty stable.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiot dog owners, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Gulp. As the owner of the world's most 'idiot' dog, I can only apologise...

B)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Guest rabbit

P.S. It was a very nice dog, when he'd calmed down and realized that my boat is pretty stable.

Sounds like you should consider a deck hand of the canine type perhaps?

Only last week I had to hook out a springer from a freezing river, I dont suppose the owners would have learnt a lesson :huh:

This is a good one this, Im a proud owner of a Jack Russel and a Boarder Collie.

Yet when Im quietly fishing a lonely corner of my local marina for mullet in summer the stick thing often happens, but when I coment that its a big marina and why throw the ruddy stick next to me, the dog owners are always rude.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

The worst dog owners are those who seem to think that one of those stupid high-pitched whistles turns them into a green-wellied, Barbour-coated shepherd. They act as if they would have some kind of personality crisis if they didn't blow the damned thing at least every five seconds.

I have a dog living in the semi-detached house next door that barks every time that somebody walks past the front of the house - especially at 4 or 5 o'clock every bloody morning. Does anybody know of a device that will cause a dog intense pain every time it barks, and will work through brick walls?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

When fishing at Virginia Waters a long time ago, I saw some idiot throw a stick on to the frozen lake for his dog to fetch. The dog fell through the ice and got into trouble, the idiot followed, both his legs went through the ice and as he tried to push himself out of the water, his arms went through too. Fortunately, from a humanitarian perspective, the dog eventually got out of the water, unfortunately from an evolutionary perspective, so did the idiot.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

Pete, blame the owners.

No, believe me, it is definitely the dog.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.