Photo Challenge # 4 Communication

nursejudy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck everyone and Well Done :clap2:

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Closed for entries

But open for discussion, comments and other photographs taken outside of the challenge rules or period.

Well done to all, a poll vote will be started soon.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

G'day,

I am a bit of a numbers freak, I like statistics, so in case anyone else is interested I was curious as to whether interest in the photo comp had been picking up since it started. The People Challenge had 11 entries and 7 participants, the Windows Challenge had 21 entries and 13 participants, the Trees Challenge had 29 entries and 18 participants and the Communication Challenge had 19 entries and 14 participants. Of course this is also influenced by other factors, many people have returned to work and have less time, the weather, ease of access and popularity of the chosen topic etc. Some of us prefer topics that allow us to photograph nature and others would prefer coming up with ideas using gadgets around the home etc.

Well in case anyone noticed I had a sudden change of heart about my second entry. Michael showed me how to get this delightfull candlelit effect which was perfect for the mood of the photo, but because of the long exposure, you could no longer read the text on the screen which said "Was it good for you too?" so I agonised about which was the better shot. Would be gratefull for any opinions.

61ff1053.jpg

17.jpg

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Hi Phil and Gold Digga,

I assume you mean the first photo but Hellbelly thinks you are refering to the second photo, please tell him he is mistaken. Thanks, Tracy.

Good choices for the three finalists Judy & well done to TB, Finepix & Ayjay. My vote (if I'm allowed to say?) goes to TB's excellent macro snail shot, I think when George Michael sang about Fast Love he had these two in mind.

As for my 1st entry, "On the move", I chose that title as I was actually driving when I spotted the young lady using her mobile phone as she was walking along the prom here in Blackpool, I was going through a stretch of roadworks, so only doing about 5mph, fortunately my camera was on the passenger seat & switched on, so I grabbed it as the window was opening, snapped a quick candid shot as I drove on by & was amazed when I got home to see it was half decent. Don't try this at home kids. :lol:

Regards

Cliff

(Oh & note to self - must try harder) :(