Swim feeders

Guest @Winter@

Guest @Winter@

Anyone ever used a swim feeder and what have you put in them. Does anyone find them beneficial. Anyone used them for whitings?

Winter,

I tried this one a while back:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/reviews/fatalattractor.htm

They work, but you have to sacrifice distance and put up with picky bites.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

tried donkeys years ago with swimfeeders(the old fashioned tube ones with few holes) stuffed with sponge soaked in pilchard oil ,plenty of bites but no extra fish ,i suspect they were attracted to the swimfeeder rather than the hook ,tried putting a hook on the swimfeeder and caught mostly crabs ,they certainly cut back on distance and spray all and sundry with fish oil :D on a calm day you could spot the oily patch if you missed the splash ,i would think injected baits would work better but unfortunatly having to strip OUTSIDE the tent after "advice" from the wife that my "concoctions" were eye watering tends to curb my experimentation :(

having had squid (special small ones from local tackle shop ,rather than the 25p each ones at folkestone :o ) mackeral and ragworm festering in a coolbox WITHOUT electric for 4 days tends to make smell of my "concoctions" less noticable (to me) and could be discribed as "gut wrenching" rather than a slight fishy smell :D:D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

When fishing a tide up, If I catch fish, such as whiting, I clean them as I go and bury the head and guts in the beach a I move up. I think this attracts fish scavenging close in. I did this when I caught the big Cod.

It must present a scent trail downtide right along the beach.

I can't think of a single reason why it shouldn't work. In fact, given the level of baiting up that the freshwater boys do in still water, I am inclined to think that there are even more benefits to sea angling.

Getting round to doing it and never going fishing without is quite different of course. I do groundbait for mullet and gars though.

andyR

Following on from the salted baits thread a few months ago I have recently been trying neat salt in a feeder, and I have definately had more bites on the salty rod than others. I used a small plastic cannister (like a film cannister), with a small hole drilled top and bottom. Fill with cheap dishwasher salt (which is pure salt) and it lasts for 20 minutes between re-baits, even in a fast tide. Blood is salty, and fish are supposed to be attracted by the higher concentration of salt in the water. The new generation of US soft baits have salt impregnation for the same reason. Unfortunately I lost the cannister last trip but one and forgot to take another one down to the boat so experiments have been curtailed.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk