What's it called and............

ayjay

The modern versions all seem to be made of plastic - but at least they won't scratch an expensive camera.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The modern versions all seem to be made of plastic - but at least they won't scratch an expensive camera.

I wouldn't hang my camera&lens on any sort of plastic hook: if I were to use plastic, it would be a large side-release clip, but that would mean changing the strap to a 2" width for a proper fit.

It would also increase the length of the entire shebang by a couple of inches, something I'm trying to avoid, I like to keep the weight above my hip for walking, otherwise the whole thing gets tossed around and I have to make a conscious effort to stabilise it.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

ayjay,

I'm going to stop buying you books. Once again, I'm sure if you google "horse tack" you can find exactly what your want and at the high end made of silver or gold.

That clip is often incorporated into a bridle and bit.

Phone

No, for some reason I'm stubborn on this one and I'm not looking it up for you.

Phone, I searched google (both web and images) for "round rope snap swivel", I got several hits which looked like the correct item, unfortunately none that I tried led to a useful page, many of them were just dead links.

I've just now tried a couple of *horse tack* suppliers and all I can find so far are the modern type clip (as in post 13).

I've been round most of my local junk shops this morning, (two left to try) they are not like proper junk shops any more, just mostly full of women's clothes, china, glass and books.

I'm just off out to try the last two shops, it's nothing urgent, I just want a couple of spares, I'll find some eventually.

Here's the set-up, some of you may not be aware of what it is I'm trying to achieve.

post-1421-0-42602800-1401879726_thumb.jpg

Oh i see ,i was visualising the clips that go on the little bits on the camera not some industrial crane setup

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'd call it a spring snap hook!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I'd call it a spring snap hook!

It's something like that, but it seems to mean different things to different manufacturers, and I very much doubt that the type shown in post 1 is still made.

I think they're a bit on the fat side, difficult to tell from the pic, it only wants to be about a maximum 5mm thick in section otherwise I'll have trouble clipping it on.

See previous answer Chesters, those are just under 7mm thick.

It's not easy being fussy, but I'll find an old one somewhere, probably in an empty house (work) or summat silly like that, it certainly won't be the first bit of booty out the door if there's one there. :D