Sunset / sunrise pictures

n4lly

CJ, yours is indeed a tranquil shot, it looks a picturesque location.

Regards

Cliff

Rabster, yes it is so peacefull at that time of day, I have put a few shots on site all take in roughly the same location. Directly be hind is the massive Orwell bridge A14 to Felixstowe. I'll see if I can sort one out, thats an impresive structure.

Cliff

Guest Finepix
P2080004.jpg

taken this evening from my bedroom window,different bedroom to finepix ;);)

Or is it ............................ :whistling::lol:

(did you get my PM about downloading images Dog fish?? Sent it a week or so ago..)

Lovely image Judy, almost sea like :)

• 2 weeks later...

I took this sunset two weeks ago when shore fishing, didnt have usual camera gear with me - just my beloved workhose the 300D and kit lens for fishing shots ... but this lovely sunset and calm sea ... I couldnt resit taking shots of the sunset, but just could not get a shot I was happy with .... keeping with the 2/3 rule as ever ... handheld shot at F8 ISO 100 ... a vertical shot with sun glinting in water or showing the clouds, or landscape shot showing wider view of scenery ... in the end, I just could not get shot I wanted ... though I think the shot with 2/3 clouds I liked best, as water was not silkly ripples calm (some disturbance from boats passing by).

Wished I had tripod with me for getting more level horizon and better shot!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

feb06_breasclete1_700.jpg

feb06_breasclete_port_700.jpg

feb06_breasclete_boat_700.jpg

feb06_breasclete_land_700.jpg

The shot below, I had at hand just now as recently got print done for someone... is taken August last year, from same spot, but turning to my right ... and with the sun setting into Atlantic Ocean beyond the small islands.

loch_roag_aug05.jpg

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Sunrise - Grand Gaube, Mauritius

f1198387.jpg

:sun:

EXIF Data:

Camera model: PENTAX Optio S

Date/Time: 2006:02:23 05:01:01

Resolution: 700 x 328

Flash used: No

Focal length: 5.8mm (35mm equivalent: 35mm)

Exposure time: 0.067 s (1/15)

Aperture: f/2.6

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: matrix

Exposure: LandscapeMode

If these are some of the pics you can get at sunrise I may have to reconsider sleeping until well into the morning - NOT!!! I'll just enjoy all the beautiful shots that are being posted. Looks like one photo competition that would be way worse than trees is this.

I'm having trouble keeping up with these :D Stunning shots everyone!

Gillies I know what you mean, sometimes its just way too hard to pick, bt forced I would say the one wih mostly clouds. But I like all of those :)

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet