Sunset / sunrise pictures

n4lly

Guest Finepix
I've got a couple of ropey pics for the Challenge, I'm hoping to get something worth entering over the next few days. My problem is I'm not very artistic, I can take a picture of a building OK, but I struggle spotting an angle to make it look more interesting or dynamic. I'm hoping the comps on here will help me look at subjects in a more abstract manner. :crazy:

I'm the same at the moment. Wandered down to Frimley Green earlier as there are a couple of quirky old buildings (if you know where to look ;) ), but didn't get anything worth posting. Away again Saturday so if I haven't got anything by Friday, I've missed another one ... :(

I NEED INSPIRATION :cry:

Great pics guys, loving that 2nd one Poledark

:)

P3010012.jpg[/img]

Took this evening from my upstairs window over head power cable in the way again fiddled about with the little dial thing on the back of the camera usually on auto changed it to s

Great shot again den no snow here :cold:

well been ere for for a while now so thought may as well join in and have a blast.. anyhow it's all for fun and as the old cliche goes "it's the taking part that counts"

yes inspiration is the main part but i think my 'look-up' subject will be something to do with nature. in Mauritius we have a wonderful bird called the weaver bird which makes this marvellous large vertical nest.. they are quite common but if i can find the right tree and the right nest with the right angle, i might just have a photo :D

good luck to all for the comp :D

& god bless

I took this one the other day, been so busy this last couple of days that I only just have time to post them.

sunset.jpg

Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL

Exposure Time = 1/8"

F Number = F29

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Date Time Original = 2006-03-01 17:32:41

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Good skills Steve that photo is amazing! :clap3:

love the sun's rays and also the reflection of clouds.. bravo!

Agreed re. Steves shot BM, plus I also like the dark foreboding clouds in the shot Dog Fish has posted.

Great shots all, keep 'em coming. :clap3:

I'm the same at the moment. Wandered down to Frimley Green earlier as there are a couple of quirky old buildings (if you know where to look ;) ), but didn't get anything worth posting. Away again Saturday so if I haven't got anything by Friday, I've missed another one ... :(

I NEED INSPIRATION :cry:

Great pics guys, loving that 2nd one Poledark

:)

Can i suggest you try the large white building set back off the main road near Frimley park and Hosp, Its the Army cadet centre, (not normally open to the public), inside is a fantastic old listed staircase and a door to the dining room about 8" thick and carved. You never know what you might get if you ask! Thats if i'm guessing the area you mentioned above correctly. I've seen some of your pics and would like to see your take on this building. Fabulous private lake, stocked with big carp too.

Cameraman

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

First shot is Lefkas last 2 are Santorini

taken with a disposable camera

lefkas.jpg

santorini2.jpg

santorini1.jpg

Edited by Steve Randles

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)