Ist day

JV44

Rusty has emptied the kennet another mate has caught lots of Bream from the Thames not sure how Viney got on anypone else been out and had any , Hoping to go this evening but dog has to go to vet so tomorrow evening it is then if I have not slit my wrists after more reports of first day success ...cue messers Plumb with 3 double figure barbell before brecky

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Despite it being the start of the new river season, Mr Plumb and I fished a lake today, well, two lakes actually, and struggled on both !! Being suckers for punishment I believe we are going back to do exactly the same thing on Thurs/Fri...but before then he will have been at the Kennet barbel I'm sure.

P.

Not quite emptied but had a really enjoyable day, a chublet and several good dace at the first venue, a 2lb chub and more dace at the second. The new Lythe was christened as was the surf float, I've got a video of the latter hugging the far bank in the flow, I'll try to upload it later. Next time I'll remember the camera/bank stick adaptor so I can show it moving downstream.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Lets just pretend I never went fishing! All was looking good as I tackled up, barbel in the swim feeding, nice warm weather! It was perfect, untiL in my excitement at having a group of large barbel feeding confidently in front of me I completely mis-cast and launched my Dave Harrel barbel missile at the speed of well, a missile straight into the center of them. Needless to say they buffered off in a flash not to be seen again all day despite giving them 6/7 hours before I tried to coax them back out of hiding.

Did catch lots and lots and lots of trout though and they put the new rod and reel through it's paces in the fast water, very happy with both!

Will have to stop off after work tomorrow and hope I can tempt them to feed just long enough to snare one, feeling a bit (ok very) deflated right now as I was so confident!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Wadda mistake to maka never mind Matt always another day

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Managed to grab an afternoon on the River Thames at Canbury Gardens, Kingston. Planning to try for one of the infamous Thames catfish here this summer! Thought I would ease in to it though and have a few feeder and float fishing sessions just to get a feel for it. Was very slow but after 4 hours of banging a groundbait feeder out got a shoal of bream to move in. Had a dozen or so between 1 1/2 lb and 1 1/2lb then as quick as the showed they disappeared!

post-142-0-67665100-1402947149_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Fished the Arrow (Warks), got there at about 5.30 am for a couple of hours before work, river looked nice with a bit of colour and flow, the target was Barbel and Chub, and the bait was meat, however the bites were tentative. and when they did come they were lightning fast and the ones I hit I hit just too late,

All went quiet at about 8am, so back to work. But it was great to be on the river again, not sure the Red Deer appreciated me disturbing her early morning drink though.

On the Wye today, hopefully will manage a Barbel or two, best of luck to all those that venture out.

Had a dozen or so between 1 1/2 lb and 1 1/2lb

That's the wittiest way I've heard of describing "run of the mill" bream :)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...