My new PB barbel :)

Tigger

Many congratulations, Ian, a real cracker!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Nice fish Ian, Well done sir!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Congratulations Ian, a cracking fish, caught the 'right way', :D

It just goes to show that you don't always need sea fishing gear to get them out, well done.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I would say 12lb 4oz. That's assuming it is a 4 inch reel, if it's a 4 1/2 inch reel then I'd say it's getting on for 13lb

Quite an achievement Ian, how long did it take to land?

The reel was 4 1/4 inch Chris...it's the floatmaster I recently got of CL. I hooked that fish half way down the swim and the way it set off down stream I thought it was foul hooked so I really wasn't botherd if the hook pulled which meat I really put pressure on ! I reckon it took roughly 10 min's to land it. Due to the way I played all the fish I was surprised that the hook didn't pull out of them, it was a animal 14's. I swear by them and superspades for most of my fishing.

Thank's everyone for your comments :).

Edited by Tigger

I don't know how you do it, I really don't. My best was a 7lb 3oz, on the trotting gear. You land a 7lber like I catch trout.

Great fishing, are they from the Ribble? A river I have never fished despite being from Lancashire - mind you, Lancashire is very big, much bigger than Berkshire where I live now. Can't complain though, I now live near the Kennet.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I don't know how you do it, I really don't. My best was a 7lb 3oz, on the trotting gear. You land a 7lber like I catch trout.

Great fishing, are they from the Ribble? A river I have never fished despite being from Lancashire - mind you, Lancashire is very big, much bigger than Berkshire where I live now. Can't complain though, I now live near the Kennet.

Mike

I think most of it's down to luck Mike. If you find the fish and they oblige by taking your bait they're easy, if they don't it's not so easy.

Pete (coelacanth) and I had a mooch on the river yesterday...lovely surroundings and I think we both had a nice day, we caught enough fish to make it that bit more enjoyable. I got my third only ever grayling on this river and it really was a beauty to look at and quite a large one also, at a guess pushing 3lb I would say . Most of the fishing was done mid river and so we only took one pic....

june25chub.jpg