tope in a yak

Happy Dude

Is this going to be on the fly :D

When and where are you thinking of, is it likely to be Cornwall and do you want me to bring some plasters.

You know me, I love an adventure.

SM :)

Go for it chaps,I will tie some porgie lures up for you

:boat::drunk:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIghting chair, harpoon, live well tank...thought they all came as standard on the Hobie........ :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

All those that asked - yes, Cornwall. North Coast. August to September is when the greatest numbers are about.

Having said that, they are also off W. Wales, but not in the same, reliable, numbers. There nonetheless.

The big trouble will be having a reel with sufficient capacity - a 20lb rod is plenty, I am thinking of using the Snowbee 8lb class that I have - you are restricted to how much pressure you can put on from the kayak. More than about 6lbs and the kayak moves, so that is the limit - but then towing the kayak is putting pressure on. Lifting pressure is much greater.

The timing is such that we can get plenty of practise in on the tope before stepping it up a gear! My 9000 loaded with Marlin braid should hold 600- 700 yards. I think that might do it. With a slipped anchor system, or fishing on a slow drift, then 300 yards of 20lb should be plenty - you need a good length of rubbing trace though. At least 20 feet of heavy mono.

End gear needs to be very substantial - 10/0 hook and 200lb wire minimum - look at those teeth that Captain's Organ has put up. The top set shear down the bottom set too, so the wire needs to be very strong. That 80lber we hoked last year went through 80lb wire before we could get it under control and it went through it.

Summer is coming!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

roll on summer! :fishing: only if you promise not to have any accidents Simon :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Well if ya going to be fishing for Beagles or Tope keep yourself well strapped in :blink:

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/videos/sharkpullsguy.wmv

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

I Don't know whether I like the idea of putting out chum for Porbeagles from a kayak having read this and that New Zealand link the other week.... :(

http://www.wildlifeonline.me.uk/No_Frames/...archarodon.html

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)