Alas poor Yorllik, Shakespeare knew him backwards :lol::lol::lol:

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone wishes to see the disputed cartoons, they are here.

My take on it; abolish the blasphemy laws. Any God worth His salt can do His own smiting without recourse to the legal system. In publishing the cartoons, the newspaper was certainly inconsiderate, possible irresponsible, but ultimately quite within its rights. That doing so caused such trouble (albeit several months later) perhaps illustrates that they raised an issue which needs examination. In any clash between Islamic values (or, indeed, fundamentalist Christian values) and Western secular values, I don't believe in giving an inch of freedom for a minute of peace and quiet.

I agree Steve, having seen the cartoons, they were not jokey in the general sense, but were insultingly malicious.

If they had used God or Jesus in place of Muhammed, there would have been a similar (although not so violent) reaction.

I'm sorry but havng now seen the cartoons,I can't see the problem. If the cartoons had been aimed at a christian deity, then the only people who would have complained would have been extremists, maybe there are more extremists in the muslem religion. I would like to here the views of a christian man of the cloth. Are there any takers?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm sorry but havng now seen the cartoons,I can't see the problem.

Its OK gozzer, you don't have to apologise, you are entitled to your opinion. ;)

I still maintain that if those cartoons had been printed in a UK national newspaper, with God or Jesus in the place of Muhammed, there would have been lots of complaints.

Not rifles fired in the streets, nor Embassies blockaded, but certainly complaints.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I'm sorry but havng now seen the cartoons,I can't see the problem. If the cartoons had been aimed at a christian deity, then the only people who would have complained would have been extremists, maybe there are more extremists in the muslem religion. I would like to here the views of a christian man of the cloth. Are there any takers?

i forsee a fatwah coming on

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Don't worry about it, mate. Most babies are fat, and nearly all of them go "Wah!!" :)

We can always send Salman Rushdie in to bat for us. He knows a thing or three about inflamatory.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Err, it was a series of "cartoons"!

I'm sick of the constant bending over backwards to please the muslim world. Why should non muslims show any respect to Islam, it is an aggresive and intolerant faith that shows absolutely no respect for those outside of it's beliefs.

Think Ant just summed up my views entirely. We have now reached the stage of "positive discrimination" When it comes to Islam, in many instances it shows little or no respect for those inside its` beliefs, especially women whom they like to keep round about the 13 or 1400`s. No I aint racist, I`ve no problem with

W. indians, Africans, Chinese or others but we are bending over far too much to accomodate the fanatics of Islam. One of my best friends is African and, to quote him " I`m a nigga mate and black as they come, but what the hell" I repeat, his words, not mine. By the way, Salmond Rushdie has a new book coming out:-

Bhuddas` a wee fat b######. :yeah::yeah:

OI OI

ER I THINK *ANT* HAS IT SPOT ON THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING ELSE THE ONLY THING THAT'S RIGHT ACCORDING TO THEM IS (SURPRISE) THEM.

NO WONDER THE B.N.P. IS GETTING A FOOTHOLD IN POLOTIC'S TO-DAY.

:(:(:(

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite