Photo Challenge #7: Architecture

paul mc

Thanks for the help people, still don't really understand it but will get HB to help me work it out. My faves in order of preference were.

Steves Something Old, Something New

Ollie Jays Church

Jans Home #1 (I'd kill to live there)

and Sooz78's Attention

Hellbellys Under The Boardwalk is his personal best ever photo and I witnessed what he went through to take it, it was around midnight and we were there for 3 hours, but not what I would call 'Architecture' though.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sooz78's entry cries out Architecture, although I think the image needs rotating a couple of degrees counter clockwise to get it perpendicular.

Which picture do you mean? And when you say to rotate it counter clock wise to get it perpendicular do you mean paralle (sp?) Sorry to be thick but I have only just taken up photography and would be grateful for any tips. :thumbs:

Tubularbelle Thanks for your comment. :D

I think she meant something like this. I have to admit I was so taken with the building design and your photo that I hadn't noticed until TB mentioned it but it does look like your camera wasn't exactly horizontal when you took the pic.

hotel.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Jan V
Thanks for the help people, still don't really understand it but will get HB to help me work it out. My faves in order of preference were.

Steves Something Old, Something New

Ollie Jays Church

Jans Home #1 (I'd kill to live there)

and Sooz78's Attention

Hellbellys Under The Boardwalk is his personal best ever photo and I witnessed what he went through to take it, it was around midnight and we were there for 3 hours, but not what I would call 'Architecture' though.

Thanks, Tracy. That house has so many details it was tough to chose between the entire house or just architectural bits. Did you see the tree swing in the middle front? I've always loved them. I've told Newt that when we move into our retirement home I WILL have a huge front porch for rocking chairs and a seat swing. The porch may be bigger than the house!

Which picture do you mean? And when you say to rotate it counter clock wise to get it perpendicular do you mean paralle (sp?) Sorry to be thick but I have only just taken up photography and would be grateful for any tips. :thumbs:

Hi Sooz, it was this one I was referring to. I like the image, which has bags of interest, but it seems to all be leaning back a little.

200603044thmarch00017uu.jpg

I've straightened it up a little on the one below, but then had to crop it again to get rid of the blank bits caused by rotating it.

rotate.jpg

What d'ya reckon? :huh:

Hi Sooz, it was this one I was referring to. I like the image, which has bags of interest, but it seems to all be leaning back a little.

I've straightened it up a little on the one below, but then had to crop it again to get rid of the blank bits caused by rotating it.

What d'ya reckon? :huh:

What a great improvement it makes but I have no idea how to do it!! I don't have any photo editing software only what came with my camera. Can I do it on that or should I invest in some software?

I love that shot, its a building I walk past everyday until this challenge I never really took too much notice, unfortunatly it's slap bang in the middle of town centre so I was unable to get in the postition I wanted too without a hoard of angry saturday shoppers tripping over me or even worse thinking I was mad!! <_<

Sooz78 xx

Rabster- Wow....its amazing what a difference it makes when rotated a few degres....well noticed rabster and cheers for posting them pics after altering em.....i can see the improvement straight away :thumbs:

not looking foward to you having to set and judge a challege.....lol will have to use my tripod and get my pic bang on!! hehe....... am glad you took the time to say your views though and it really makes me pleased to be a member of this forum where theres peeps like yourself to learn from and pic up some tips!! cheers mate :D

TubularBelle- Thanks for putting me in your top four....it just goes to show how people see different pics........mind you I'm not sure i put the rite pic in as i got a couple more that i felt would of been worth a shot in stead of that one......both from the same place,

2006_0225Arundel0019.jpg

2006_0225Arundel0022.jpg

The cathedral i was at was so photogenic and i could of filled my memory card up. hope you like these to pics cause I'm kinda feeling there better then the one i entered!! lol

Right apart from the three in the final i would of been looking at.......

Hellbelly's Under the boardwalk

Finepix's 72

and Sooz78's God's garage

but to be honest that list could go on and on :D

ps.....I think i might be using Hellbelly's under the boardwalk as my screen saver if he doesn't mind?

Ollie.

Edited by Ollie Jay
You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

I don't have any photo editing software only what came with my camera.

There is much fancier and more feature-rich software available but my workhorse is Irfanview and after loading the program, get the Plug-ins.

The program & plug-ins are free and updated regularly. I've used it for at least 5 years now.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Jan V

Love the pictures inside the cathedral. Did you get any closer shots of the stained glass windows? If so, please post. Some of my favorite pictures of St. Paul's Cathedral are straight up.