Fishing Race

poledark

I've just been browsing back thro old archives to see what all the fuss was about re Jack Hargreaves, nothing that I could find :)

But there was a question or two regarding Old TV programmes, one of which was the Fishing Race.

I can't believe that I missed answering any of the questions, especially as I was one of the participants!

:) Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

i think some of the archives are missing ,im sure when i first started on here i was plain chesters , after a pc crash i tried logging on but couldnt ,i reregistered but had to use chesters1 because chesters was already in use ,a search comes up with nothing

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

poledark:

But there was a question or two regarding Old TV programmes, one of which was the Fishing Race.

I can't believe that I missed answering any of the questions, especially as I was one of the participants!

:)    Den

Now that is one programme they could do with bringing back.... was great to watch :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

My favourite episode of TFR was where the late Ian Gillespie,(a great loss to sea angling) was teamed with Jim Gibbinson, and made the winning catch by an inspired piece of poaching of an indoor tropical fish pool.

Great punch line by Ian "Now that was very quietly done Jim, wasn't it? You are now looking at the official British Record (Rod caught) piranha"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The fishing race, now there is a blast from the past.

Who are then Den. Not one of the guys who went into someones back garden after the gold fish in the pond for some points I hope, lol.

Great show, Remember

Clive Gammon well, followed his book on fishing the welsh coast.

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

I've often seen this mentioned, but have never seen it for real. Are there videos available?

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

chesters1:

i think some of the archives are missing ,im sure when i first started on here i was plain chesters , after a pc crash i tried logging on but couldnt ,i reregistered but had to use chesters1 because chesters was already in use ,a search comes up with nothing

There are 13 posts by the original chesters stored in the 'Old Coarse Fishing threads' archive forum.

:)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Fisherman, yes that was me, and it was my idea!

We had some "rules" which actually allowed us to do what we pleased, provided that each venue was scenically different (better TV) and I had the idea of this pond and Goldfish ( ) a cert two pointer.

We decided to really ham it up and discuss which "swim" was favorit in the morning and so we had a discussion on the effects of the morning sun (see Still Water Angling) and so JD was sent over to the "far bank" actually 6 feet away,...and then that b****y dog started barking!

We failed to catch a goldfish! :D

Elton, my wife asked the BBC if she could have a copy and they replied to the effect that it was not their policy to release copies, but I believe that Ian Gillespie arranged for his school to get a copy as part of the deal whereby his headmaster released him to do the filming, this is the First Fishing Race of course.

I to would like a copy :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest NickInTheNorth

Why not contact the BBC and ask them to make a new series? Probably won't do any good, but if we don't ask them to do it then there is no chance that they will.

After all they have just re-introduced Treasure Hunt, and that has been off air for years.