Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

With yours what is the handle like in front of the reel seat? Can you hold it above the reel?

Yes I can, it looks to be designed to be held that way.

DSCN1217_zps87865d5a.jpg

Lure pics below, I wouldn’t know what to buy so I just asked Andy to bung in what he thought would work. The worm type thing at the top on the 20g jig is his freebie ‘wild card’, put in the box because I spent so much.

DSCN1219_zpsab61277b.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

very nice mate what rod did you get?? bought a drogue today have you got one to?? shopping list for Andy tomoz and finder .

Got some old gell batteries that used to power my old sounders so hopefully they will charge up ok can`t find my transducer bracket so need another one and some PP braid .

You want to share a boat with me or are you going for a guide ?? 2 drogues we could be in the zone if it`s windy and doubt others would put up with your chain smoking and is it lunch time yet comments ha ha .

Joking aside is it better for us newbies to buddy up with someone who has done it ?? spotting of the bites wise ...happy to do either

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Rusty, the rod sounds exactly right :)

JV, I don't mind who shares boats with who - if e.g. you and rusty want to share a boat we can always go over the basics beforehand and share drifts if we find fish etc.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The bites can take a bit of getting used to, most are quite subtle and easy to miss until you learn what to feel for. Also getting the right action into the lure is much more quickly learned if someone shows you. We could split the day into two if you like, start off with someone who's done it before then switch around?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You want to share a boat with me..........................??

Might be best, either one of us in a competent anglers boat will get on their nerves pretty quickly I think. Besides, whenever we've tried something new we've failed spectacularly so why change?

The only rule is that you cannot use my lobworms.

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I reckon spend 30 mins on a boat with someone who has done it before to get the knack! Then just pop back to the lodge and swap!

P.s. there really isn't that much to it! I'm happy to share with whomever.

P.p.s which drogue did you get Steve?

P.p.p.s I've got high hopes for that top lure

P.p.p.s Steve I saw 300 yards of some of the spiderwire ultimate braid that is really thin for 20 quid at the weekend!

Edited by Kappa

I reckon spend 30 mins on a boat with someone who has done it before to get the knack! Then just pop back to the lodge and swap!

P.s. there really isn't that much to it! I'm happy to share with whomever.

P.p.s which drogue did you get Steve?

Got the Wynchwood one Rich then remembered a link to cheap ones off the LAs forum slap head icon ... and maybe a starter lesson for half an hour would be a good idea save anyone going into meltdown stuck with me and Chris for the whole day lol ,pm me the link to the braid please .

Good news found my transducer bracket....bad news I have run it over with my airless spray unit so it`s fooooked that is a technical term for bent/broken beyond reasonable use repair .

Anderoo the finders I had before were proper portable ones with there own case but most mates have theres screwed to the top of an old tool box containing battery is that what you have done....want to fix her to the kayak afterwards and have plenty of old plastic boxes....

Looking forward to this

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: