Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

Tigger has taken me up borrowing some of my stuff for the day, just so everyone knows, so we'll be sharing a boat.

Yeaph, thank's for the loan of the gear Andrew, much appreciated :).....I'm really loookin' forward to it, just hope I catch a Zander as i've never caught one before !

Yeaph, thank's for the loan of the gear Andrew, much appreciated :).....I'm really loookin' forward to it, just hope I catch a Zander as i've never caught one before !

Great stuff Ian, you staying over for the social too?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Ian mate bit of advice only stay over for the social if Rusty blanks otherwise he will be unbearable ,He got trounced in a float fishing comp this afternoon and sulked off for a curry lol ....be good to meet you at the fish in Steve

Great stuff Ian, you staying over for the social too?

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I'm not sure but I think it's about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs from our house to the venue so it's not so far as I need to stay over. I've a feeling i'll be too tierd to stay late enough to join you gent's at the social...but you never know, if I catch a british record Zander i'll deffo stay late for the bragging rights :).

Just to raise the stakes a little the captor of the largest zander at the first event to happen will be taking this home (I know it's a bass but it's the closest I could find). I'll be drafting the rules shortly and I'll let you know what constitutes 'the largest zander' at the end of the event.

Trophy_zpsc7abd8b8.jpg

• Like 1

Good call rusty, perhaps we should be a bit continental though and measure rather than weigh - we do need to get them back quickly and weighing can take a little time?

Or we could award it to the captor of the smallest zander! Rich and I had that competition running last year and it was good fun. He stormed to victory in the end with a zed smaller than the shad. Spectacular angling!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Good call rusty, perhaps we should be a bit continental though and measure rather than weigh - we do need to get them back quickly and weighing can take a little time?

Did wonder about the weighing so it could go to the captor of the most zander. Engraving will be something along these lines in the hope that it becomes an annual event;

untitled_zpsda8e9218.png

If I win I suspect I will be intolerable at the after event social lol ,good idea adds a bit of spice

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: