Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

Post-event social

Rusty, did you have a plan for this?

I hadn’t given the social much thought really, I suppose it depends on who’s staying in accommodation and who will have a quick pie & pint followed by a long drive back. The hotel that Steve and I are in is right in the middle of Oakham so there’ll be a range of eateries available (as well as the hotel itself), we can sort that out nearer the time once we know what everybody’s doing.

As regards the trophy I think your idea of longest zander is better than my suggestion. That’ll give us newbies a chance to get lucky right up until the end of the day and it would take only seconds to measure one that might be your biggest.

So, all add a tape measure to your ‘must bring’ list.

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

The nearest postcode is LE15 8HD which claims to be Rutland Water fishing lodge, but the actual lodge/marina is a couple of mins up the road. In the pic below the red A marker is where that postcode will take you to, the yellow 1 is the actual entrance, and the yellow 2 is the lodge/marina.

rutland_zps8bcdf324.jpg

Thank's for that Andrew :), i'll put that code in the totom and them mooch up the road until I find it.

Just had a nosey on AAroutfinder and it reckons it's 135.5 miles and 3hrs travelling so i'll probably set out at 4.30 or maybe even 4am so as not to need to travel at warp speed to get there in time lol.

Edited by Tigger

I hadn’t given the social much thought really, I suppose it depends on who’s staying in accommodation and who will have a quick pie & pint followed by a long drive back. The hotel that Steve and I are in is right in the middle of Oakham so there’ll be a range of eateries available (as well as the hotel itself), we can sort that out nearer the time once we know what everybody’s doing.

As regards the trophy I think your idea of longest zander is better than my suggestion. That’ll give us newbies a chance to get lucky right up until the end of the day and it would take only seconds to measure one that might be your biggest.

So, all add a tape measure to your ‘must bring’ list.

As I indicated, I'd love a beer and a pie/gandhi/whatever before heading off to Gloucester in Oakham if that works for you guys. I suggest we find a suitable eatery and anyone can join us. It can also serve as an arbitration process should there be a dead heat, or if Steve (JV) finds a way of winning within the competition rules

I am bringing my special tape measure that I use for measuring up for pricing work wink icon

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Chris surprised a few more have not booked in for the social ....what with you offering to pay for the rooms and cover the bar bill an all

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Good, so that's at least three people nursing a hangover at breakfast.

I should have just about recovered from my last one by then - had my sister and an old mate round for dinner last week, we started with beer, then I made a jug of Mojito. Opened a bottle of Rex Mundi with dinner, then port with cheese, then had the bright idea of a round of espresso martinis instead of coffee. Then the bottle of Talisker came out and several cigars were smoked. Anyway, I would have been fine, but while I was sleeping, a large grizzly bear must have crept into my room, beat me viciously around the head, sat on my chest and took a poo in my mouth.

No length is specified, also I have had now had confirmation from AW that we can use flouro if we wish (as long as we are specifically targeting zander with vertical jigging). If you do use flouro, I would avoid shallower water (up to about 30ft) as you're then more likely to find pike.

Do you have an email you could print out for each boat, in case of dispute?