RUDDY MESSY NOISY NOSEY DOG WALKERS

sam-cox

I have been visiting a stretch of river just before dawn and staying to just after dusk in search of a monster perch.

One thing that I have noticed is the stretch is very popular with dog walkers as well as anglers.

On my last visit no less than 30 dogs and their walkers came past me, nothing amazing in that you may think except for the fact is was blowing a gail, spitting with rain and ruddy cold.

I was expecting a quiet if not cold day but from aroud 6.45am they started, with at least half stopping to ask if I had caught anything.Not only that but many would take my fox box from the top of my live bait bucket asking WHAT ARE THEY IN YOUR BUCKET?

Even the dog walker who started to challenge me on the ethics of using live bait wouldnt of narlled me that much. However the constant having to look where I was putting my feet incase I trod in a dog turd was really getting to me.

I own two dogs and take their poop home with me in small nappy bags, so why arnt the lazy barskets fined or made to eat it, anything but let anglers tred in it and walk it into their vans!

What do you expect from a public right of way Sam? If you want exclusive fishing rights then you would be better off finding somewhere more remote, or you could always join a syndicate .

Hardly surprising you are gonna be questioned about live baiting issues when the public at large by and large think the practice is cruel, and you are acting like 'Blad The Impaler' in full view.

You complain about the odd dog turd and 'nosey' public c/w pooch, well mate it goes with the territory I'm afraid.

Remember that the public form an opinion of angling by such encounters, we should remember to be good ambassadors for our sport.

Edited by rabbit

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
What do you expect from a public right of way Sam? If you want exclusive fishing rights then you would be better off finding somewhere more remote, or you could always join a syndicate .

Hardly surprising you are gonna be questioned about live baiting issues when the public at large by and large think the practice is cruel, and you are acting like 'Blad The Impaler' in full view.

You complain about the odd dog turd and 'nosey' public c/w pooch, well mate it goes with the territory I'm afraid Remember that the public form an opinion of angling by such encounters, we should remember to be good ambassadors for our sport.

Ain't dogs meant to be on a lead in a public place?

If they kept them on a lead then the dog wouldn't be able to interfer with anyone minding their own business fishing?

I walk my dog on a lead because she doesn't like other dogs.

Folk are quite upset when I tell them to put their dog on a lead and say their dog is ok.......until it gets close enough for my dog to have a go. :)

I used to hold my dog back, ****** do I now, the locals see me and my dog now and stay away.

After all they are the ones in the wrong not me or my dog. :)

Dave - is this your pooch?

dog%20mean.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi ferret, my mother has a beagle nice dogs.

I bet your beagles got the right hump now though, as smokeing is to be banned in public places,lol.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Dave reading your post about your dog and his dislike of outher dogs. i thought you had a springer...cause that mine word for word. :lol:

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

I was going to reply to this thread, but my dog has just poked her head in the room and indicated that she's touching cloth, so I'll take her out instead ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Ain't dogs meant to be on a lead in a public place?

I don't know about kept on a lead, but most councils have hefty fines for people who don't clear up their mutt's shite. Dog shite really annoys me. People always let their dogs shite in places where children play or other people walk. Parks, woods, fields, and public footpaths. I think dog owners who act irresponsibly should be made to eat thier dogs shite! :icecream:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I was going to reply to this thread, but my dog has just poked her head in the room and indicated that she's touching cloth, so I'll take her out instead ;)

"Touching fur", surely? :D

I don't know about kept on a lead, but most councils have hefty fines for people who don't clear up their mutt's shite. Dog shite really annoys me. People always let their dogs shite in places where children play or other people walk. Parks, woods, fields, and public footpaths. I think dog owners who act irresponsibly should be made to eat thier dogs shite! :icecream:

What if you'r fishing and find you've got a turtles head in your trousers?

I would imagin you would sneak off to the nearest bushes and release the thing, :oops:, are you gonna eat it so no one stands in it? :yucky::lol:

By the look of your Avatar you have a pic of a Bull doing the unthinkable, just curious as you seem to have a shite fetish. :o

Tigger.

Edited by tigger