has the world gone mad?

DonnieK

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I stop been paranoid then ? Its not Binatone cranking up that old IP scrambler? Sorry Donnie K - Ive never been the same since he called me a poison dwarf.

Winter - you need to get that memory of yours serviced :D

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=5555

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest @Winter@

All 10 gig of it ? :)

Thought the name was sort of familiar but surely I would remember a commercial ? and it says he only has 5 posts ? and he only had 5 posts back then too and Norrie was saying welcome to him back then even though He had been a member for some time. Is this guy some kind of commercial fisherman/docter who character ?

I notice I didnt question him back then. Had I had the pleasure of meeting binatone at that point?

Nice to meet you donny how much are scallops a pound up your way ?

And while were on, what happened to Norrie ?? I miss me m8 Norm - please come back.

Edited by @Winter@

Hello Donnie,

Welcome I as a rule dont get to involved in the political threads I all goes a bit above my head, But something I have to ask my self is what possessd the scottish trawerman to trawl a stagnent lock in the first place ? and secondley how would dragaing a net or a trammel up and down it cause it to not stagnate I would have thought that the tide would have done a better job than a trawler presuming it was a sea lock

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Not like you that Steve. Im shocked

I hope it is out of character, and I apologise now to any who take offence. But, I am not a hider and tell it like it is. My experience and my strong opinion...that's all. Not allowed to burn them at the stake, you see.

S

In Nomine Satanas

want to know where i'm from and my experiences??? just now, i work on a clammer in west of scotland, in an area under threat of becoming a nature reserve. in the past i've worked on boats from peterhead and a prawn trawler from Fraserburgh. i've seen a bit of slaughter in my time but what i'm saying is that most men have some sort of conscience. NEVER CAUGHT A BASS - HONEST!!!

[/quote

If you had a conscience you would resign first thing in the morning. Clam dreging is the most destructive form of fishing known to man

A number of effects on the seabed habitats result from scallop dredging and even a relatively minor fishery may have a significant cumulative effect.

There are reports of the top 100 mm of sediment being disturbed by scallop dredging which has the effect of smoothing out the surface with pits and depressions being filled in and mounds removed

Significant decreases in the abundance and number of species have been recorded from dredged areas. It should also be noted that the maximum impact may not be immediate, suggesting that some indirect ecological changes such as exposed organisms becoming more vulnerable to predation, may be taking place3.

In one study a 20-30 % decrease in abundance of most species was recorded 8 months later and reducing habitat complexity may lead to increased predation on juveniles of some harvestable species.

Slow growing species will not be able to recover to pre-dredging numbers or sizes even if there is no dredging for several years

Effects of scallop dredging across seagrass beds have also been investigated and show significant reduction in seagrass biomass. Maerl is crushed and killed through burial which in turn limits opportunities for habitat recovery. Impacts may also be apparent in lightly dredged areas, including the loss of a number of species

A study currently underway off the Isle of Man shows greater species numbers in the area closed to fishing.

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

This forum is Anglersnet.co.uk. Stressing Anglers, not commercial netters.

I think we are losing site of what this forum should be about, angling. If a commercial netter is also an angler, he shouldn't use this angling forum to keep complaining about anglers.

We are not the one's who have plundered the seas until they are almost empty.

The comparison between a loch and the open sea is a non starter. Anyone can see that. Are you suggesting that commercial fishing has improved the marine environment?

I don't think so. You are grasping at straws.

It's too late my friend. Your hey-days are over. To quote an old saying, 'you reap what ye shall sow'.

You are now reaping the results of your past actions.

Accept it, and don't keep trying to place the blame elsewhere.

Edited by maidstonemike