has the world gone mad?

DonnieK

Guest @Winter@

Have to agree with Mike on this one. Far too many commercial fishermen here doing exactly that, some have not once contributed to an angling based topic (unless it was to cause trouble or do the old my dog is blacker than yours routine). At least wurzel is an angler and does fish. Some of the anonymous ones are just here to cause trouble and make personnal attacks which they would never get away with in the real world..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to the good people of angelers net. I was looking around the internet fishing places and found your site. I was quite shocked when read this conversation in here, didnt think such short sigeted people really existed. I enjoy fishing and love to catch rockling and whiting, I once got a cod but you should reemember that it is only an hobbie and not the way you peoples make a living. The fishermen of our great country head out to see in all weather to make an honest buck for their family. You dont all really begruge them that, I dont think any seine reasonable person would. Must remember these people have a right to make a living just as much as you do.

I'll be back later. Untill then farewell.

Guest @Winter@

SKIPPERSNET.CO.UK

Woke up sweating last night m8. Had a dream I was surrounded by stinking trawlermen in yellow sowesters and they all wanted the last cod in the sea.

Perhaps this place should be renamed skippersnet or something like that.

Edited by @Winter@

Hello Fishingsfine

They must be paid well to go in here on a Saturday. Too much subsidizes imo.

Wrong again.

To much NE wind.

I even decided against moveing the boat in the marina to day, I did not fancy fetching up against some posh yacht, a litle scratch can cost thousands of pounds.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Sprogg,why bother to join AN in the first place? Hope you are not one of the clammers that have caused so much damage in Luce Bay recently! We have had to ban clammers from Strangford Lough in Northern Ireland on account of the damage they caused there.

PS Regarding the "short sighted" people you referred to on AN, surely there is no one more short sighted than a commercial fisherman.

Safety habits last a lifetime.

Woke up sweating last night m8. Had a dream I was surrounded by stinking trawlermen in yellow sowesters and they all wanted the last cod in the sea.

Winter, was there a fog as well?

I fish to live and live to fish.