New Perch Record?

Chris Plumb

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angling Times has just phoned me. Yes, the record has been broken. To its credit the Times isn't naming the water to protect the fish. Full details and pics will be in next week's issue. I hope Angler's Mail follows suit about not disclosing the venue.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks for the update Steve, and hats off to the Times.

I hope Angler's Mail follows suit about not disclosing the venue.

It's not Wingham is it? :P

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks for the update Steve, and hats off to the Times.

It's not Wingham is it? :P

No, my perch are still too young. Hopefully in a couple of years......

I do know the venue (not from the weeklies), but won't be naming it. Neither will I be fishing it.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I do know the venue (not from the weeklies), but won't be naming it. Neither will I be fishing it.

Too late!! I looked at both the comics for photos. AT had the photos and like you, stated they wouldn't name the water as it was quite small and an influx of specimen hunters could but undue pressure on the fish population, if not the individual specimen. Then looking in AM they anounnced with glee that it was a water they had covered two weeks previously in their 'Where to fish' feature and virtually covered it again. :wacko:

I too, know the water - it is walking distance from my home.

Yes I have fished it - in fact I fished it before it existed!

By that I mean I fished the stream for trout that runs above, through and below the present fishery.

After the water was dug (or rather re-established - it was a hammer-pond in historic times) I fished it for years as a club water. Have also fished it since it since it passed into present ownership.

There is no question of "pressure" being put on the fish - the venue is limited to six anglers, booked in advance. Mick, the owner has no intention of exceeding that number. Most of the people that fish it are carp anglers anyway - so on a given day there will only be one or two people fishing for perch.

...and BTW it is well policed - owner, son, two labradors and a bailiff - so don't even think about "guesting"!

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I don't read AT and I'd have to order a copy, if I wanted to see this fish. Has anyone scanned the picture for us all to see??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...