Pike Fish For Britain

Elton

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your moral values are far too often anisotropic for my personal taste Peter

points deducted for unnecessary use of long words, do you only approve of isotropic views chris?

Edited by jeepster

Predudice, or an open mind Dave?

I am opposed to pike matches for one reason only, and its not predudice. It is based on first hand experience, quite simply I wish to see pike being treated with respect.

For the PAC to condone matches under their control is to condone all matches. For the PAC, or a committee member, to give credibility to pike matches is, I believe, a retrograde step.

Peter, I would like to see an end to pike matches as much as you do.

However, I think that no matter what PAC does pike matches will NOT go away.

So would you rather see PAC members condemning a pike match when they could be helping out and trying to improve the lot of the pike caught in the match? Giving a friendly, helping hand is more likely to encourage those particpating in the match to treat pike with respect than walking away from them

Dave

dlstsig.png

points deducted for unnecessary use of long words, do you only approve of isotropic views chris?

Actually that was a little quid pro quo for Peters use of the word, 'promulgation' Jeepster. :D

I was taking a little thesaurical (sic) license in it's use, but yes, taking the same license, I'd rather someones morality were 'isotropic'. :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

'invariant with respect to direction' is that always a good thing :)

i missed peters use of promulgation, or if i read it, i assumed he was drunk when he typed it :) rest assured, if i'd seen it, i've have given it the same response

"i missed peters use of promulgation"

This has now turned into a war of big words hasn,t it?, ok if thats how you want it try a bit of this, PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS? he shoots he scores..

Wanna buy some pegs dave..

I may be wrong [i often am] but didn't this debate start off when PW criticised the Cambs PAC and their involvement with the "Marie Curie" match on the Gt. Ouse?

If I'm right, I am also fairly sure Dick Culpin offered PW the chance to attend to see how it was organised and also to observe and participate in the Marshalling of the event?

To my knowledge Dick never got a reply!

Can you confirm or deny these events Peter?

Colin