Sorry Newt I tried

Orca

Guest Jan V
Post corrected for Political Correctness :sun:

And doesn't Newt wish the grassy area around the house were that small since he HATES to mow. The house is in on a 1/4 acre so lots of area for grass, flowers, bushes, trees and that pesky fish pond, behind the house, that will never get finished.....

And now I remember, one of the pollywogs that died in that unfinished fish pond last summer was named Sid. :yeah:

Edited by Jan V

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now I remember, one of the pollywogs that died in that unfinished fish pond last summer was named Sid. :yeah:

WOW..........

yet another unbelievable coincidence.

I had a pet Newt once and her name was Polly, I don't think she liked mowing grass either as I never saw her do it.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Guest Jan V
WOW..........

yet another unbelievable coincidence.

I had a pet Newt once and her name was Polly, I don't think she liked mowing grass either as I never saw her do it.

Bigger coincidence - that's about as frequently as I see my Newt mowing the grass :yeah:

Bigger coincidence - that's about as frequently as I see my Newt mowing the grass :yeah:

See being a woman you can't see the bigger picture, as I said I had a pet Newt and it never mowed the grass, you have a Newt and it don't mow the grass therefore, unless anybody can give me evidence to the contrary "Newts do not mow grass" is a fact of life and there is no good complaining about it.

I knew a bloke once I can't remember his name, it might have been Sid, certainly not the Sid who lived up the road that was differently named than my pet fish who was not called Sid.

I cannot be sure but I don't think he had a moustache and he didn't ever carve memorial benches. I saw him buy some jam once and it was blackberry jam, anyway. He didn't mow a lawn either, I think this was probably due to the fact that he lived in a flat and didn't have a lawn.

Anyway, he had a sister, her name was Polly I know this as I named my newt after her, she used to mow her lawn, probably because she didn't live in a flat, If she lived in a flat she wouldn't have mowed it I suppose. She wasn't a newt, nor was she named after a newt. The newt was named after her.

I never saw her eat marmalade but I know that she liked to eat cake.

Anyway, the favorite name for a parrot is also Polly, I have a friend, his name is Snowy, he doesnt have a moustace but he has a parrot called Skipper, he also likes to eat cake. he doesn't mow his lawn also because he hasn't got a lawn but he has got vegetables in his garden.

I should point out to avoid confusion that I am refeering to Snowy and not Skipper his parrot.

It is Snowy that likes to eat cake and grow vegetables, his parrot skipper, probably does eat cake but definately doesn't grow vegetables. He doesn't like vegetables but likes smarties.

I had a dog once, and I have two dogs now, but the dog I refer to has sadly passed away, he used to like smarties.

My two dogs I have now would probably eat smarties but they don't get them, I do not think they would eat or grow vegetables and I know that they wouldn't mow a lawn if they had one.

I have a lawn, which, they are free to mow if they want to but don't seem to bother so I suppose they would not mow the lawn if it was theirs.

My two current dogs are called Bertie and Flint. I knew a bloke called Bert but did not name my dog after him because he never cut his grass either, but then he lived on a boat so I suppose he had a good excuse.

Bertie was so named because I live in a house built by Prince Albert (Bertie to his wife Queen Victoria) I think that Prince Albert liked Cake but he NEVER mowed his lawn either nor did he have a park bench inscribed to his memory although he has other things named after him.

I would tell you now about my three tortoises called Inky, Pinky and Ponky but that would mean hijacking this thread

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Huge. Have you been taking hormone tablets ?

I only ask because you tell stories the same way that every woman over 50 that I#ve ever met.

Weired thing is, they all get upset when you stare at them and mutter "Cut to the bloody chase" under your breath....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Huge. Have you been taking hormone tablets ?

You had me worried for a minute there Ken :unsure: so I've been down to the town in my car, parked it 3 times in a row spot on, so no problems there

:whistling:

I have a friend, his name is Snowy

Wow! This is getting eerie.

I once went up into the Snowy mountains

Mount Kosciuszko to be exact.

I was working with a bunch of people in Melbourne who had never seen snow (can you imagine that!) and they hired a coach one weekend.

We left the coach and continued up on foot for some way before we found some patches of mushy snow, several days old.

Had a 'snowball' fight (actually slushy iceball fight) and everyone was pretty excited seeing patches of white stuff around.

(Sent the pictures back to the family in the UK, they were amazed to see snow in July, and all of the trees in the piccies were in full leaf, and so was the undergrowth - pretty strange stuff to those who had never been out of the UK!)

We think of Australia as semi-tropical, whereas it's a vast continent and there are snow fields the size of Switzerland that are skiable for 6 months of the year(well they were before global warming, I don't know about now.

So was your friend named after 'the Snowy'? That would be a remarkable co-incidence.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Wow! This is getting eerie.

So was your friend named after 'the Snowy'? That would be a remarkable co-incidence.

His surname is Snow and thus Snowy. HOWEVER......................

The link is there and you are almost spot on, I agree this is really eerie.

He has been to Australia, I kid you not tis the truth. He went there some many years ago, He is very old so I would not be at all suprised if the Snowy Mountains were named after him.

Even more coincidental I know for a fact that he has been on a Coach, I wouldn't be suprised if he got off the coach at some time and walked. Since he got back home I presume he got back on the coach after his walk. Is that what you did Leon, that would be surreal

we had a jackdaw called snowy ,he could talk and destroyed ceiling tiles ,he probably ate a worm called sid but never mentioned it.

he never went to oz but did get the bus to school where (or where not) an australian child may have been attending ,one day snowy disapeared we suspect he got the wrong bus.we look for him every day hoping to see him come home but as we have moved twice he may not find us so easily

we also knew an asian kid called cola although it may have been spelt differently ,she went to school with our brats but this wasent the school snowy went to so they never met ,whether she knew someone called sid i dont know but its not impossible.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Since he got back home I presume he got back on the coach after his walk.

Is that what you did Leon, that would be surreal

Well yes I did, but nearly didn't.

You see the path down was quite slippery and treacherous, and being an avid photographer, I thought it migh be fun snapping a picture of my girlfriend sliding down the mountain on her a.. er, backside.

So when we came to the really treacherous bits, instead of being the gentleman that I have become in my later years, and gallently helping her to navigate the hazardous mud and ice, I'd skip down aways and postion myself for that shot!

By the time we got back to the coach, she was no longer talking to me, and there was some debate about whether I'd be walking out of the Snowies on my own!

(We did make up, get married, but it didn't last!)

OOOps! Our washing has just blown off the line - must go

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust