Sorry Newt I tried

Orca

2) Never knew a Sid but we do have a green sea serpent in our front yard called Cecil

Did you know that the aliens called "puppeteers" in the Larry Niven "Ringworld" novels were inspired by a character called "Cyril the Sea-sick Sea Serpent"?

Oh, sorry, that's Cyril and your's is called Cecil...

My Dad's name is Sid, if that's any help, and he spent most of WWII in the West Indies with the Fleet Air Arm, where he did quite a lot of swimming. :)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, our milkman when I was a kid was named Sid.

I don't remember the name of his horse :(

But having shared the round together through sunshine and all the terrible weather we got in those days, I remember that he was heatbroken to be parted when they bought in electric milk floats.

For a while I earned pocket money by accompanying him on his round, collecting empties - I developed a technique enabling me to carry an inordinate number of milk bottles in one small hand - can't remember how many now, but I'm sure it was a record.

Does anyone know what the record is?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest NickInTheNorth
I knew a Sid once, I do enjoy swimming and as for Strawberry Jam its ok but Raspberry is my favourite, especially the one with Mango in it too :D as for Sid i'm not sure if he liked Jam at all

Won't be too long before it is jam making time again, can't wait!

So it's Strawberry for me, Raspberry for Linda, and must make some more Rhubarb and Ginger - it's the best :lol:

Edited by NickInTheNorth

So it's Strawberry for me, Raspberry for Linda, and must make some more Rhubarb and Ginger - it's the best :lol:

My Rhubarb and Strawberries will be a while yet. :(

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I can't think of jam without thinking of village shows and those two old ladies on Little Britain who puke at the mention of foreigners :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i like the sainsbury marmelade with ginger in it if thats any help

Ummmmmmmmmmm

NEWT, are you awake.

I know I was on about your harsh moderation style earlier........

I know about freedom of speech jardeyardeyar........

But should't you edit this post to marmalade and strawberry blonde :yeah:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

NEWT, are you awake.

But should't you edit this post to marmalade and strawberry blonde :yeah:

Sorry Huge but when you posted this at 5:15am, I was not awake. That hour is a bit late for going to bed on a day when I have to work and early enough that to wake up then unless it's a fishing day (but I have to work) is positively obscene - worthy of causing the thread to be locked for content or something.

Also, I really hesitate to edit this topic at all since it is so filled with religious references [at least I assume that "Sid" is just an affectionate abbreviation you folks are using for Siddhartha Gautama (the person who became the Buddha for any non-religious among us)] . I really strive at all times to be as PC as I can manage.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sorry Huge but when you posted this at 5:15am

Your own fault for living on the wrong side of the planet.

As for your ref. to Buddha, I didn't know Buddha was a fish. Try and stay on-topic matey or I shall be forced to report you to Elton :lol:

PS Does anybody know what happend to Elton's moustache?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Your own fault for living on the wrong side of the planet.

As for your ref. to Buddha, I didn't know Buddha was a fish. Try and stay on-topic matey or I shall be forced to report you to Elton :lol:

PS Does anybody know what happend to Elton's moustache?

I think it got a dishonourable discharge.. but I don't think he likes to talk about it :secret:

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John