Sorry Newt I tried

Orca

rhubarbs on its way ,the custard tree hasent flowered yet :(

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rabbit
Don't have any pictures of Sid but here's one I just took of Cecil. There was a popular cartoon called Beanie and Cecil when I was a kid and Cecil was a sea serpent (thus my critter's name).

cecil2.jpg

A YARD?? .... looks like a GARDEN to me :blink:

I saw a film called Rhubarb once. 'Rhubarb' was the only word spoken. It was on before the main bill, which was The Swiss Family Robinson.

I don't think they put small films on before the blockbusters these days.

written by the great spike milligan and starring all the greats of british 70s comedy

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

I found a worm in amongst the rhubarb once, should have called it sid , although I did have a cecil the snake badge when I was a kid.

Edited by Orca
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

I found a worm in amongst the rhubarb once, should have called it sid , although I did have a cecil the snake badge when I was a kid.

I had a pet Rhubarb plant called Cecil, I don't think he had any pet worms although, I am sure if he did he would have called one of them Sid (he was kinda that sort of Rhubarb plant)

He was stolen from my garden one day, the only clue left was a set of Honda C90 tyre prints on my lawn.

Never got a ransom note.

Jan V your garden is almost the same as mine, I have that in my garden as well

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I don't think he had any pet worms although, I am sure if he did he would have called one of them Sid

er, guess what the worms in my worm bin are called?

(ps I had to remove some of the surviving brussel-sprout plants from the ground a few days ago, so that I could plant my onion sets in that bed. Stood against the compost bin, small red worms had managed to clamber up the stems and were hiding amongst the sprouts, presumably attracted by the dying outer leaves. I've never seen that before! I know not the names of the brussel-sprout plants or those anonymous worms either)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

er, guess what the worms in my worm bin are called?

mmmmmmmmmmm......

lets see, anybody else and I would guess Sid or Cecil but since it's you Leon..........

I'm going for Lumbricus terrestris

:busted_cop:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Guest Jan V
A YARD?? .... looks like a GARDEN to me :blink:

We have a front yard, two side yards and a back yard. The garden bed is where we specifically grow flowers, bushes, veggies, etc. Do you have 4 gardens or does it just roam as it pleases about the house? :P

Come to think of it, we've had a snake or 2 in the grassy areas around the house (trying to be PC here rabbit :thumbs: ). One of them might well have been a Sid. I ran one of them off with the lawn mower and didn't hang around along enough to change pleasantries with the other.

We've also had some moles. Did you get any of their names, Newt? :whistling:

I'm almost afraid to say this, but this thread has been the most pleasant thing I have experienced on AN in a long time. Gone all sorts of silly ways and sometimes we really need that.

Edited by Jan V

We have a front 99.06 cms, two side 99.06cms and a back 99.06cmsThe garden bed is where we specifically grow flowers, bushes, veggies, etc. Do you have 4 gardens or does it just roam as it pleases about the house? :P

I'm almost afraid to say this, but this thread has been the most pleasant thing I have experienced on AN in a long time. Gone all sorts of silly ways and sometimes we really need that.

Post corrected for Political Correctness :sun: