Mobile Phone question

Newt

Jan & I would love to be able to stay in touch by phone while we are there and a mobile unit sounds like the best option but I don't want to

- borrow someone's mobile phone service

- spend a fortune getting a phone and service for only a 2 week visit.

I am way behind on mobile phone options but I was told that I can get an fairly inexpensive SIM card/chip/thing and if I have a proper hand set, the SIM will allow us to use the phone.

Just wondering if someone could educate me a little and also if anyone has a spare handset that will take the SIM that they could part with for the last two weeks in May.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newt

I am selling 2 mobiles that I don't use anymore, if you're interested just let me know.

1) Almost new Nokia with camera (4.1 mega pixels)

2) Older model Nokia with camera and vibrating alert

I have attached photos if you want to see them before you buy.

post-5334-1143237409_thumb.jpg

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Guest Ferret1959

Westie, I think Newt has them back at his trailer. ;)

Nice one.

But on a serious note you can buy a phone with credit on it for about 20 British pounds so cheap really.

If you get some one to get you something sorted for when you arrive all you have to do is top up credit at most stores and Bobs yer Dads brother. :)

Newt you probably wouldn't be able to put an American sim into one of our phones. Over here if we are going abroad we contact our provider and request them to put the phone on international roaming for the time you are abroad, there may be that option available to you, I have should have an couple of phones( we get our phone upgrades in April) here that you could try your sim card with, but it would be too late when you get here to find out it doesnt work. The other option is buy a couple of sims when you are over here I think they cost anything between about £10 and £25 each about $17 - £45 think and I could give you the handsets. As i say they are a couple of years old but they work.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Newt

I am selling 2 mobiles that I don't use anymore, if you're interested just let me know.

:lol::lol::lol:

Newt what makes is your mobile phones and it is got something like tri bands or quad bands on it?

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

lmao @ westie........i didn't think to click and look at the pic first time read but when it was quoted........i did :lol::lol: nice one mate!!

Id just go for a couple of cheap pay as you go phones Newt, like ferret said! im sure that would be the easiest way unless there is some way of you phones could take one of our sims!! if they do then the sims are cheap as chips!! good luck mate.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Newt

roflol

blindfolded.gif

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Had a prob with my mobile recently and got a motorola from carphone warehouse for 19.99 with a £5 sim in it pay as you go. The box and manual that came with it must have cost £15 . International roaming will cost you mega bucks,....I would go pay as you go if its just for a few weeks....mind you if you are a chav and keen to be seen with the right phone you have to make your calls with a paperbag over your head

newt,

the topic seems a little split, however if you are coming the UK and Jan is staying in the US then to be very honest landline is far cheaper with a telecoms card that can be bought in most "corner shops", if however you and Jan want to keep in touch while you are both in the UK, then i will personnaly buy you both 2 throw away phones on a pay as you go system for the UK network

Edited by wirral sea fishing

Guest Jan V
newt,

the topic seems a little split, however if you are coming the UK and Jan is staying in the US then to be very honest landline is far cheaper with a telecoms card that can be bought in most "corner shops", if however you and Jan want to keep in touch while you are both in the UK, then i will personnaly buy you both 2 throw away phones on a pay as you go system for the UK network

Both Newt and I will be in the UK, as it stands right now, but at times off in different directions.