second hand air rifle needed

jeepster

not read all the posts yet...i will in a bit but jon i just had my 30 year old BSA metor serviced, new spring and all that and its like a new gun. it seems to have more power now than when i had it all that time ago....well worth £25

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry, I take your point re the power setting, I will "give it a little tap :) "

I seem to remember that I did check it out with some 14.5, 17 and 21 grain pellets, and all were below the limit.

You must have known my old fishing/shooting mate JD, AND....I once followed you round at SEAW grounds.....does that make me famous :) :)

Still wish I had my Titan...what a weapon!!!!!!!!!!!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

You must have known my old fishing/shooting mate JD, AND....I once followed you round at SEAW grounds.....does that make me famous :) :)

JD was a legend, Den, and a good mate of mine, too. R.I.P. John.

You were at SEAW? Was it a match day? Did I win anything? I won a couple there, I know. :)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

unless you hillbillies have anything to offer in my search for the air rifle bargain of the century, keep your redneck chat to yourselves :P

Where me an' Newt comes frum, thet's faht'n towk, Jaypster. Now git wahl the gittin's good, y'hear? :P

:D

Sorry Jeeps, just a quick reply to Tel.....yes Tel, you did win that day....I was following the competitors with my customised Titan FAC .22....managed to hit a few :).........not the competitors :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

...yes Tel, you did win that day...

Woo-hoo! :yeah:

I trust I was being all unapproachable and tetchy-superstar and all that, Den? Must act the part, you know. :sun:

I remember one of the shooters at a SEAW comp giving me a hard time for being a sponsored shooter 'who didn't have to worry about buying the top kit'. I pointed out that, unlike him, I hadn't had a holiday for five years and I drove an old car to be able to buy my gear and win the tournaments that brought about my sponsorships. I then asked if I could use his rifle to shoot a side-event - A 'snooker' shoot I think. I won it with his gun, beating his score by 9 points.

Never blessed with class, dignity or style, I told my critic 'It's not about the kit, mate. It's about how well you can use it, see?' I bet he still hates me. :blink:

At the moment, Den, I'm using a Daystate Air Wolf that's fully electronic - trigger, firing valve, power-tune, shot counter, safety-catch, pressure sensors, you name it. It's absolutely amazing, mate. You'd love it - and it's a snip at £1100, plus scope, mounts and charging gear. B)

Now THAT would sort out Jeepster's rabbit problem. ;)

not read all the posts yet...i will in a bit but jon i just had my 30 year old BSA metor serviced, new spring and all that and its like a new gun. it seems to have more power now than when i had it all that time ago....well worth £25

BLIMEY!! Got the weirdest feeling then that was what you were actually OFFERINg the rifle for then!!! I'll keep taking the pills and lie down..................... :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Tel, that little set up would sort out dubbya and b'liars problems let alone Jeepsters!!!

Chris...i know you're a salt of the earth eye for a bargain kinda chap but at least make sure its an offer first eh LOL.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Guest Ferret1959
Terry, I take your point re the power setting, I will "give it a little tap :) "

I seem to remember that I did check it out with some 14.5, 17 and 21 grain pellets, and all were below the limit.

You must have known my old fishing/shooting mate JD, AND....I once followed you round at SEAW grounds.....does that make me famous :):)

Still wish I had my Titan...what a weapon!!!!!!!!!!!

Den

I got a Titan Den. :D