second hand air rifle needed

jeepster

tony u is selling a gamo magnum at the right price :)

don't know much about the magnum, but i know gamo are good guns generally

VERY spanish I believe!!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta be quick cos i'm on a works puter but i just wanted to suggest two things

1) take a look at the "google ads" at the bottom of the forums air guns is bringing up some good links

2) give wordbender a shout, seeing as he shoots (used to??) for sport and competition and writes for shooting mags i reckon he will be able to give you all the advice you need mate.

ps i've just finished fitting a nice new fibre washer and square section ox spring into my old bsa airsporter........taken many a bunnie with that old workhorse.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Guest Ferret1959

I put an ox spring in my old Vulcan, bloody dangerous bit of kit for a .22 but I stick to pre-charged .177 these days.;)

I put an ox spring in my old Vulcan, bloody dangerous bit of kit for a .22 but I stick to pre-charged .177 these days.;)

I've got an Ox spring in a Vulcan (not for sale).

Jeepster - I'll see if Wordbender can offer some advice. He's the editor of an airgun mag, so should know what's good at the cheaper end.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Jeeps - of the options quoted on this thread, Den's HW90 is by far the best, mate. Remember, to despatch a rabbit cleanly and CONSISTENTLY - i.e. not some more-luck-than-judgement deal - you need to be able to group your shots within 40mm maximum at the ranges you intend to shoot.

This is far more difficult than many would have you believe. I've had my share of success with air rifles over the 40 years I've been shooting them, but I'm hard-pressed to meet the required standard much past 40 yards, especially from the standing position.

It's a real challenge, even with top kit, and there's plenty to learn, too. Log into airgunBBS (I'm Admin there) and you'll see tons of stuff that will be useful to you.

Take your time in choosing, though. You wouldn't go fly-fishing with an uptide rod, would you? Same applies here, Jeeps. ;)

Oh, and forget trying to push the power of ANY off-ticket (one for which you don't have a Section One Firearms Certificate) too close to the 12 ft.lbs. legal power limit. There is now a MANDATORY five-years in nick for 'unlawful possession of a firearm'. Just saying, like. ;)

Edited by Wordbender

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Jeeps, got all your PM's mate. I have been agonising as to whether I really do want to sell my HW90 or not. I havn't fired it more than once or twice in the last two years, but I know that I will regret it if I sell it, so I think I will "own up" and withdraw it from offer.

I would advise you to go for a GASRAM system, you can leave it cocked indefinitely and get it pumped to very close to 12ft lbs and it will stay at that setting for thousands of rounds. Less recoil than a springer and deadly accurate and CONSISTENT.

Consistency is what you do need in a gun, I got mine out today and fired it thro' my chrono and it was spot on 11.8 ft lbs....and this after not having been fired for a long time.

Good luck with your purchase,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic