second hand air rifle needed

jeepster

have you tried any of the fishing and hunting periodicals

i believe cheshire guns and tackle advertise in the fishing press i know they do some cheap?? airrifles

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rabbit
getting more and more rabbits with mixy in our fields, and my old chinese air rifle struggles to deal with them, so if anyone has a reasonable quality air rifle they want to get rid of let me know, i'm not wanting to spend much, and i don't need anything fancy, just something as close to the legal limit as possible.

PM me

thanks

jon

Cannot kill rabbits Jeeps, they are a much loved protected species. Protect them and nurse them back to health :love:

the neighbours gave me a funny look when they saw me prowling the fields with the crossbow

I had the same problem in Tescos

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Cannot kill rabbits Jeeps, they are a much loved protected species. Protect them and nurse them back to health :love:

if i could, i would :) until then they have to die :(

have you tried any of the fishing and hunting periodicals

i believe cheshire guns and tackle advertise in the fishing press i know they do some cheap?? airrifles

not yet, but that'll be my next port of call if AN can't sort it (but i know it can, someone, somewhere has the perfect rifle for me:))

the neighbours gave me a funny look when they saw me prowling the fields with the crossbow

I had the same problem in Tescos

i think i read about that in the paper..........

Huge says after climbing on to his soap box..................

You raise an interesting issue which is in no small way linked to BSE.

When I was a snippet of a lad, we were quite poor. I say quite poor because it is a matter of perspective.

My Brother and I, along with a lot of people in our area went, well, basically poaching on the downs and in nearby fields for rabbits as a food source for the family.

Farmers were quite happy with this arrangement, we did no damage and the rabbit population was kept down. Along came various rules and regulations amongst which 'poaching' was banned and effectively stopped apart from poaching for 'worthwhile' fodder such as Salmon and Venison.

Amongst this was the release of Mixxie. Farmers no longer had to 'rely' on people wandering their land at night as the rabbit population was going to be 'controlled' by mixxie.

How wrong we were.

Huge gets off his soapbox and will now discuss topics such as Sid, Cedric and his lost marbels

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Jeeps

I have some great Rabbit recipes and an old ASI Gamo Magnum (the bunny terminator), with a 4x20 sight going spare if you want it! Make me an offer.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

i'm interested tony, but i can't find any for sale on t'internet to judge it's value, how much are you after for it?

the big stick option was used today, it was either that or the crossbow, and the neighbours gave me a funny look when they saw me prowling the fields with the crossbow ;)

I know you were only referring to using the crossbow in jest, but in case other people don't know, its illegal to hunt live quarry in the UK with any type of bow (including a crossbow), target shooting only.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Mixy is a terrible thing :( It sems to rear its ugly head about every 5 years in my area.What I do is simply to break the bunnies neck by hand. Swift and painless.

The lab I work in is surrounded by countyside. Was weighing off at the balance last week and watched a stoat chase/kill/snack at a bunny. All of the girls were in tears!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hi

Crossman Rabbitstopper - we've got a few air rifles (Gaz and I that run the shop do a bit of pigeon clearing for farmers), and the RabbitStopper is a very sweet one to use. CO2 powered, not break action, it has virtually no recoil. The shot is very quiet compared to a break action or side lever, which when after rabbits is certainly a bonus (jumpy little buggers - although with mixy not too much of an issue).

Pellet loading is nice and quick, so you can realistically get a second shot off in a shorter space of time if it's necessary.

About £130 in most air rifle shops I think - many air rifle places will have display models which you can barter on - I think we got one for about £90 with a scope. I think there are some auction sites for air rifles where you might find bargains - although obv. not eBay!

Edited by UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk

Ian W