polaris glasses

spud mckay

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to suggest this but you might want to think about the polarised glasses thing for pole fishing. If you can see clearly through the surface film of the water, you can see your float tip both above and below the water. If you can see you float tip both above and below the water, you can't tell whether it's gone under or not.

I love my glasses but I din't wear them for close range float fishing for that very reason.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Spud, polarised glasses enable you to see through the surface glare and spot fish you wouldn't be able to see without them. For me they're one of the most important items of tackle I own, and I certainly wouldn't leave home without them.

BTW, for prescription sunglasses these people offer exceptional value for money! Elton wrote a piece about them recently at http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Affiliate-Offe...sunglasses.html

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Because polarised glasses help you see through the glare, I find that they stop your eyes getting 'tired', and enable you to concentrate on the float or tip better. I have two pair I use, a light amber pair, I paid £3 for at catalogue shop, and a much darker smokey/grey pair that cost £20 from Boots. The lighter pair get most use, I sometimes forget I've got them on. Don't go for small lenses, even if they are fashionable, you get a lot of reflected glare from the water, I prefer the wrap-round, pilot type for more protection.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

im after a pair of polaris glasses/shades, but i dont know what ones to buy,

i cant afford exspensive one so i was wondering if anyone can reccomend any,

therws loads on e ebay but i dont know if they are any good,anyone help me please

thanks

I have some listed on eBay at £5 a pair. or I have shooting glasses which are sunglasses with a TOUGH polycarbonate removable lens. They come with three sets of lenses which are grey, yellow and clear and at £15 a pair are pretty good value!! Reckon they will withstand a 12 bore at 20 yds or something!! But don't hold out much hope for the rest of you even if the glasses do stay intact!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Spud judgeing by your post you seem to be a little new to fishing/novice ,witch there is nothing wrong in at all.I't may be worth your while getting a good book .Witch many on here would be able to recomend ,witch would teach you new things.Just a thought mate.