• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
Made of ?? Not much eh Ian?

I reckon Windy miller's made of plastercine Neil :rolleyes:

Edited by tigger

Is it any wonder that so many members prefer just to look at the threads and not post? With the amount of abuse and snide remarks that has been dished my way and others in the recent past the sad truth is that it seems the inmates have taken over the Assylum. It would seem that a few members have taken a dislike to me and want me out. I have done anything to offend then please let me know and I will be the first to apologise, until then please refrain from these personal attacks.

Ignore them, or just put them on your ignore list. It avoids the temptation to respond to their stupid remarks and getting embroiled in pointless arguments with people who don't have the wit to understand that a debate is more than just saying the same thing over and over, until everyone gets bored and goes home :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Is it any wonder that so many members prefer just to look at the threads and not post? With the amount of abuse and snide remarks that has been dished my way and others in the recent past the sad truth is that it seems the inmates have taken over the Assylum. It would seem that a few members have taken a dislike to me and want me out. I have done anything to offend then please let me know and I will be the first to apologise, until then please refrain from these personal attacks.

That is your 49th post and you are telling me to lighten up?? What the 'king hell do you know Cliff Top, bloody stupid name anyway.

ok rabbit, i'm waiting.!!

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Guest rabbit
That is your 49th post and you are telling me to lighten up?? What the 'king hell do you know Cliff Top, bloody stupid name anyway.

ok rabbit, i'm waiting.!!

It was not a serious comment on my part, It was so OTT I would have hoped you would have seen that. :)

Rabbit. You may feel that you only respond in kind, but to anyone standing on the outside who maybe hasn't seen some initial exchange, you just look like the agressor.

If someone's having a go, they become fair game themselves.

Just try not rising to the bait.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The trouble is as I see it is that there are some on here who like to wind up others and see it as good fun but who take it very badly when the tables are turned and they become the recipient of any medicine that they dished out in the first place. Some contributors spend more time slagging off others or extracting the urine out of members and persuing their own personal agendas than they do in visiting the fishing site or offering hints or help on there

It must be so easy for those that can't do it face to face to sit at an anonomous screen and spit out venom rather than have to do it face to face in real life. Some members do it under the guise of debate but what they are really doing is being personal to the point of being insulting without any real reference to the content or detail of any debate or subject. Debate is and should be based on content and detail with the absolute exclusion of personal digs. When most but not all of those occur it is usually in the small hours, co- incidentley when the pubs have shut, wonder if there a connection there, and may not have occured during normal daytime hours.

Sometimes you have to rise above a post and just ignore it altogether or just not take the bait in the first case, if anyone posts something that you find offensive then you have two options, the first is to report it and the second is to deal with it in a non emotional type of language that embarrass's the original poster

If you find that someone is so personal towards you then all you have to do is block their on screen contributions and their access to your PM system, that way you can do things quietly but efficiently without starting a whole new ball game and the start of new and pointless threads