UK Knife Regulations

Newt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - I know about that one. I have carried a small pocket knife for most of my life and rarely though anything about it. Penknife unless I need a larger one.

The last time I flew (been a while) the security folks had no sense of humor about it. I was short on time so just dumped it and took the flight.

Luckily they are fine with knives in luggage that goes into the baggage hold so that's where mine will reside during the flight.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I have a fascination for knives :) and have quite a few. I walked around the Lake District one winter with my mate and my dog (No! she stayed at home :rolleyes: ) for a week. As we walked, I whittled away at a small branch which produced a bird figure, didnt realise I could make such a thing.

I kept it for years until some slimeball pinched it out of the garden. :( I always carry a multitool in my work bag which has come in handy for doing odd jobs, saving the company 35p. :sun: Every country/island I visit, the first things on my mind are fishing tackle and knives. I've passed the halfway mark in life and feel I've missed my true vocation ( devil hunter :lol: ). :rolleyes:

Comes in handy when she orders me to peel the spuds. :)

Carrying a knife with a blade longer than three inches WITHOUT GOOD REASON can lead to a prison term up to four years. British police have no more common sense than any other police when it comes to accepting what constitutes a "good reason", so play safe and carry a smaller one!

It's ironic that a friend of mine who worked in a casualty department said that some of the worst injuries he saw were caused by short bladed modelling knives. The delightful kids who used them wedged a piece of matchstick between two blades because the resulting parallel cuts were impossible to stitch up without bad scarring.

Thanks ColinW. In the interests of personal jail avoidance, I think my good one with hook sharpener and disgorger stays safely at home and I bring a shorter knife that only has a cutting blade.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

With all this talk of knifes and the impending get together at Wingham, I would just like to say what a great bunch of people you all are and how I respect you all a great deal.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

The delightful kids who used them wedged a piece of matchstick between two blades because the resulting parallel cuts were impossible to stitch up without bad scarring.

It ain't just the kids who do it, the favurite "weapon" in prison is a toothbrush with two razor blades melted/glued into it, its not just the scaring that counts its the fact as the stitch one side it pulls the other open resulting in a bit more blood loss, of course before they can stitch the cuts they need to get the sugar out of it (hot water n sugar is a deadly combination).

Newt, wait till you get to my house and see my "collection", not only swords and knives but also axes ;)

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

It ain't just the kids who do it, the favurite "weapon" in prison is a toothbrush with two razor blades melted/glued into it, its not just the scaring that counts its the fact as the stitch one side it pulls the other open resulting in a bit more blood loss, of course before they can stitch the cuts they need to get the sugar out of it (hot water n sugar is a deadly combination).

Newt, wait till you get to my house and see my "collection", not only swords and knives but also axes ;)

Yeah also a well known football hooligans weapon is two Stanley knife blades stuck together with a gap in between them Chelsea fans using to be renowned for this.

The joke is that once they've confiscated your penknife at the X-ray machine, you can then go into the departure area shops and buy very nice nail scissors, Swiss Army knives, Laplander elk skinning blades, traditional 12" Maori disembowelling swords etc etc

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

With all this talk of knifes and the impending get together at Wingham, I would just like to say what a great bunch of people you all are and how I respect you all a great deal.

:lol:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...