Up North

Huge_Vitae

Back in the 70's I had to lodge midweek in Southampton for a few weeks.

My landlady was a keen supporter of Southampton F C

Laurie McNenemy (sp??) (a Geordie I believe) was then the manager

Southampton had a couple of poor results

"Why can't we have an Englishman as manager?" asked my landlady.

Huge is right - its a wilderness north of Winchester :yeah:

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who decides where the north starts.

For Huge Noddy, the Hampsters live in the north. My daughters flat mates at Hatfield Uni' call Brummies Northerners. Brummies call us Northerners, and so on. I know where the South starts, but that's my little secret. ;)

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Just so long as during your visit you didn't appy for social and cultural asylum and for leave to stay up here where life is so much better..... :P

I asked the Nurse about the big road thing that I went on, there was room for lots of cars to overtake and they even had a seperate road for cars coming the other way :blink:

Apparently, so the Nurse was telling me, if I carried on along the road to the extreme North on that road you can reach a City called The Smoke. Although she went on to say that it is difficult to reach by road as it is surrounded by an impenetrable, immovable barrier of stationary steel blocks which she called "M25"

Must be a real advanced place as we still rely on our Moat :lol:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Guest sandpipper

Wessex Nuffield Hospital is in Eastleigh-Southampton Hampshire, 30 miles south of Winchester 3miles away from my house

HUGE YOUR AS MAD AS A HATTER :blink:

Edited by sandpipper

We've been saying that for ages. Why don't you people listen :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Wessex Nuffield Hospital is in Eastleigh-Southampton Hampshire, 30 miles south of Winchester 3miles away from my house

You must be a northener then SP :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Who decides where the north starts.

That's easy - it's about 10 miles north of wherever I happen to be living at the time. :)

Guest sandpipper

Huge you`ll be the northener on saturday bacause i`ll be the other side of the nab.

Also thats bloody rude you drove past my house and didnt pop in for a cup of tea.unforgiveable

Edited by sandpipper

Huge you`ll be the northener on saturday bacause i`ll be the other side of the nab.

Nope you will be NE of me, So in actual fact you will be a Northern/Essex mongrel :P

Also thats bloody rude you drove past my house and didnt pop in for a cup of tea.unforgiveable

I had enough trouble finding my way to my brothers house and its only about 4 turnings to make, always get lost around there :blink:

So geoghraphically when do you become a southerner???? Just had a spy at the map and I reckon anywhere north of Nottingham can be classed as northern England. Anywhere south of Stratford can be classed as southern England and the bit inbetween is the Midlands I suppose.

What do you lot think? :headhurt::headhurt:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy