Newt and Jan are here :)

poledark

. i get my first good crack at Wingham today.

An outrage. Those bloody dealers get everywhere :angry:

Seriously, folks - this fish-in looks an absolute blast. Might there be a place next year for a shy Suffolk lad on his best behaviour ? It is my birhday weekend......

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vagabond, posting as Newt. He's all over my computer !

He's gone off with my son to play bridge, so a chance to post at last!

Well spotted Glenn

HERE is Newt's Bream

sbream2tt.th.jpg

...and Andrew, the guy under the deerstalker is me (Vagabond) - glad to know I look the part though :sun::sun:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Vagabond is Newt your kinfolk ????? you sure look alike mate

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Guest Jan V

Early Tuesday morning update: Off fishing with Vagabond after getting up at 5:00am. :fishing1: I have added to my species list. Caught well over a dozen itty, bitty bream and a few of their slightly older kin. A couple rudd - again small but caught. A couple little carp and a crusian (sp?). Had a great time. No rain but lots of mud. Have migrated to the next maggot level (you knew I could do it, Steve) and now am putting them on my hook - I draw the line at eating them. :schmoll: Had a great morning despite the fish being so small. Newt will follow up with his notes and possibly a few pics.

Now it's breakfast and then pack up to head to Fritton. Looking forward to seeing the small group that will be there and lookout, Peter, we have lots of muddy clothes in hand. :headhurt:

Edited by Jan V

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies

Note to all concerned: My display name is now officially: Jan of the 2 Ghillies (thanks to Leon and Den, who are the finest pike ghillies one could ever wish for). :yahoo:

Have migrated to the next maggot level (you knew I could do it, Steve) and now am putting them on my hook - I draw the line at eating them.

Don't forget that the approved method of keeping them active in cold weather is to put them inside a little bag held under your armpit... :)

Don't forget that the approved method of keeping them active in cold weather is to put them inside a little bag held under your armpit... :)

Sod that............how would you cast or play a fish??

I'll stick with putting them in my mouth :D

Although to be honest i can't see the use of it.....think about it..they go into shock and stop moving as they're bodies slow down due to the cold.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

This is actually Jan, not Peter. Newt has enough armpit for the both of use... :P