Newt and Jan are here :)

poledark

poledark dont forget the salt n vinegar, oh and the scraps :yeah:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Newt and Jan - heard your plane go over about 8am this morning - wondered how you would get three tubs of live crickets through immigration :lol:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

er,

Who's moderating in the wee hours then?

Me! :boxing:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Who's got the Sunday roast on for them ?? real proper English grub B)

As a matter of fact, we had a very most excellent beef roast last night and it was wonderful. Schedule is way to strange to wait for Sunday to have a Sunday roast. Yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, and some tasty horseradish sauce rounded out a great meal.

First impression of England (well, the bits of Kent we have seen and especially the lakes at Wingham) - we love it.

I'll try for a more coherent account later. Just awake now and having my first coffee of the morning.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

poledark dont forget the salt n vinegar, oh and the scraps :yeah:

We don't do 'scraps' down south as far as I know - think it's a Northern thing.

Peggy

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Just awake now and having my first coffee of the morning.

What, no tea? :o

Good morning Newt, and welcome to England. :)

Welcome Newt and Jan - heard your plane go over about 8am this morning - wondered how you would get three tubs of live crickets through immigration :lol:

Hi Vagabond, it's actually me (Jan) even thought it appears Newt. Going through customs was simple. Nothing to declare and we walked right through. No one took note or were too afraid to take us on... Now are going through the wonders of 'I knew I packed that but where the heck is it'!!!!!

Was treated to a sneak preview of Wingham yesterday and have met Elton (he does exist), Wordbender and Den. Off to Canterbury with Den and Hazel and back to Wingham to try out my new rod today. Steve says I have the best swim on the coarse lake and hope to be able to say i caught at least one fish.

We literally crashed last night after a most wonderful dinner of beef and yorkshire pudding. Well, it's off to finish getting ready to be dropped off a Den's. The country side is BEAUTIFUL but must say the wind does get one's attention rather quickly.

Jan

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You can take medicines for the wind, Jan.

Just wait until you get up on the East Coast! Will take you to Ness Point, the most Easterly point of Gt Britain, and you can meet our lazy wind, it takes a short cut! Right next to the UK's biggest wind turbine. Good spot for dabs.

Edited by Peter Waller