What is the biggest cod you have EVER caught?

adambroadley

Lots of fish  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like catcching best?

• mackerel
    • cod
    • tope
    • bass
    • whiting

Biggest Cod??? Thats easy, never caught one, been fishing for 20 years now, havn't specifically targeted them that often, but still a poor record.

Hopefully going to bag one en-route to Alderney this Friday, any tips Toerag??? :thumbs:

Scott

Your picture? Is it you? And it looks like a tope that you have caught. If so, how big was it and have you had any bigger tope?

Adam...:clap2:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once treked from boro to scarboro to fish marine drive as a one off, ended up with a 12.5lb cod ,had a few around hummersea area ranging from 7.5 to 9lb on the same rough sea 3 days in consession , but my biggest fish is a 21lb pike caught from the tees , although i,ve just started piking and after all the hard years of effort toward sea fishing braving monsterous seas (safelyi must add),the cod have to be my better and more deserved fish, like glen said i,ve been getting quite a few bass around 3lb mark and they are little battlers even on heavy gear,Hense the reason for me starting to target them with my lure rod and plugs , remains to be seen if i do eventually get one , By the way thats a lovely seatrout 12.5lb s from the esk glen ,had a few 3 to 4 lbers in spate,but never seen nowt like that on the esk ,i,ve somtimes heard em at night doing backflips etc nice,,, :yeah:

Once treked from boro to scarboro to fish marine drive as a one off, ended up with a 12.5lb cod ,had a few around hummersea area ranging from 7.5 to 9lb on the same rough sea 3 days in consession , but my biggest fish is a 21lb pike caught from the tees , although i,ve just started piking and after all the hard years of effort toward sea fishing braving monsterous seas (safelyi must add),the cod have to be my better and more deserved fish, like glen said i,ve been getting quite a few bass around 3lb mark and they are little battlers even on heavy gear,Hense the reason for me starting to target them with my lure rod and plugs , remains to be seen if i do eventually get one , By the way thats a lovely seatrout 12.5lb s from the esk glen ,had a few 3 to 4 lbers in spate,but never seen nowt like that on the esk ,i,ve somtimes heard em at night doing backflips etc nice,,, :yeah:

:lol::lol: COOL!

dear dav or glenn

please could you tell where the best place to fish in Whitby is plz?

And also where to catch bass in Whitby...

thanks,

adambroadley.

:fish::fishing:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

Orite dav,

The countries record would have been held on the esk m8, but it was disalowed with allegations of poaching. I think they said the lad snatched it. Cant remember how big it was but it was supposedly a beauty. The lad who caught it has passed away now, but It is still said he wa more knowledgable than anyone when it came to Salmon and trout in Yorkshire.

Ive had 2 twleves out of the esk m8 and a good few around 8 pounds. Plus too many to mention between 2 and 4 pounds.

I remember as a young lad ( many years ago now) going to Ruswarp on my push bike and watching the snatchers take some big fish from the river - no more poachers these days though m8 they are all scarred to death of the environment agency - This is why I believe any licence is enforceable given the will. Many of the fish I saw on that day would have been between 20 and thirty pounds. If you want an idea of whats in that river stand at the wear at slieghts in October when the river is in flood. It is a site to behold.

Edited by glennk

Orite dav,

The countries record would have been held on the esk m8, but it was disalowed with allegations of poaching. I think they said the lad snatched it. Cant remember how big it was but it was supposedly a beauty. The lad who caught it has passed away now, but It is still said he wa more knowledgable than anyone when it came to Salmon and trout in Yorkshire.

Ive had 2 twleves out of the esk m8 and a good few around 8 pounds. Plus too many to mention between 2 and 4 pounds.

I remember as a young lad ( many years ago now) going to Ruswarp on my push bike and watching the snatchers take some big fish from the river - no more poachers these days though m8 they are all scarred to death of the environment agency - This is why I believe any licence is enforceable given the will. Many of the fish I saw on that day would have been between 20 and thirty pounds. If you want an idea of whats in that river stand at the wear at slieghts in October when the river is in flood. It is a site to behold.

glen,

do you have to have a licence to fishing on the river esk?

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

Yes, but I think its quite cheap for you. Ask at the post office about a migratory trout licence

:lol::lol:

CHEERS GLEN! :clap2:

:fish::fishing:

Edited by adambroadley

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

Orite dav,

Yes glen i think i read somewere that the record was from the esk at around 21lbs ,i think its in some book i have somewere, i do abit of spinning on the esk for the above species mesell ,ide be over the moon with a seatrout of that size never mind two, in fact i was at sleights several days ago ,to try for an early fish to no success, maybe tommorow after this rain ...and i have learnt there is a few biguns that run the river ive been stood in pools up river at night flyfishing for them when all of a sudden ,heartfailure ,, you know what i mean ,i love it ,,its just a shame i only seem to have much luck with threm is when rivers in spate , were did you get the biggys from then ? and what on? maybe you can tell me what i,m doin wrong lol..

Your picture? Is it you? And it looks like a tope that you have caught. If so, how big was it and have you had any bigger tope?

Adam...:clap2:

Hi Adam,

My aviator is me, and yes it was a tope. Caught it on a wreck 11 miles from Poole on a whole flapper meant for conger. Never weighed her, but she was around the 30lb mark, a PB.

And it went like a steam train mid water, and again as soon as It saw the boat, blooming marvellous.

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time