Have you ever caught anything other than fish?

Aaron1976

ive caught many plastic bags they weigh a ton when full of water. caught nearly half a tree the other day that had several items of clothing on it. caught a few shopping trollies. ive caught planks of wood

Pretty much the same as me.. most of mine is from the Thames or a little river near me known as The Gunge.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A swallow intercepted my waggler-fished single maggot in mid-air and was landed and safely returned.

A coot, on floatfished bread in six feet of water, again landed and returned.

And from the beach I watched a mate convinced he was into a double-figure Cod, only to land a fisherman`s a%*#hole attached to a bloody huge stone :lol:

When I first started fishing I caught a ladys skirt . I t gave my dad great pleasure taking the hook out .

Ian Flynn

I hooked my young brother with a size 12 treble in the cheek?, i have also caught a seagull on a herring, and a swan on a size 20 barbless? :lol:

Edited by Papa Lazarou

Wanna buy some pegs dave..

I caught a swan once... It wasn't happy!!! I was only like 13 or 14 i was Sh!t scared!!!! Didn't have a clue what to do and then it kinda started to charge.

Edited by bungral

I've hooked a few odd things over the years, but the catch that gave me the biggest shock was when reaching for my landing net to land a large french carp. As I lifted the net from the metre or so of drop in front of my swim, I managed to encompass a Coypu that just happened to be taking in the night air whilst sitting on my net mesh. :blink:

..........He may have been as surprised as me, but he was no where near as terrified!! :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

An elastic band neatly caught on the point of a treble on a Mepps spinner from the Glos canal. Pretty good shot i thought.

We also have a colony of Terrrapins and there have been sightings of a Alligator or Crocodile. :huh:

I could see that it was in fact a sack. I had to use my landing net to get it on to the towpath, I then cut it open. The smell and sight of a couple of dead kittens, that had been festering in the warm water for some time, caused me to throw up, and it was some time before I could bring myself to continue fishing. :yucky:

i feel sorry for ya mate, it must have been disgusting!

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers