Womens' Knickers

Andy Macfarlane

Just a wild theory, but women might make better anglers than men. My 18yo can pull in fat french carp just as well as her boyfriend who introduced her to carping.

I fish near as well as Newt does. His casting is more accurate, though.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fish near as well as Newt does. His casting is more accurate, though.
He has probably been at it longer than you. When I was 5 or 6 years old my dad used to get me to practise casting into a galvy bucket in a field in front of the house.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

He has probably been at it longer than you. When I was 5 or 6 years old my dad used to get me to practise casting into a galvy bucket in a field in front of the house.

Many, many more years than I have Cory. I think my enjoying fishing was one of the tests I had to pass when we started dating. Despite his throwing lily pads at me, we do great together. To be a tad sentimental, many times I look up and he is just watching me fish and grinning because I'm really enjoying myself. He would rather I catch fish and he catch nothing than anything else. We're hoping to get me back out on the water for a couple hours while Chevin is here fishing. My shoulder surgery and hand/wrist injury has had me off the banks for way too many months. I'm going stir crazy. Guess it's time to get those silk knickers back from Newt, huh? :P

He would rather I catch fish and he catch nothing than anything else.
My Dad and my uncle were like that. If Newt's been wearing your knickers they'll never fit you now. Does he still shoot wild turkey? Maybe they'll like your pheromones too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

If he's been wearing my knickers, I don't want 'em back... He doesn't shoot wild turkey (did as a kid) but he sure will drink wild turkey, given the opportunity :rolleyes:

If he's been wearing my knickers, I don't want 'em back... He doesn't shoot wild turkey (did as a kid) but he sure will drink wild turkey, given the opportunity :rolleyes:
I knew he had been on a couple of turkey shoots, I'm sure he spoke of it in some post where we discussing cammo. I prefer JD myself, but i'll drink Wild Turkey too, given the opportunity.

Right Mr and Mrs Vail I dont want to hear anymore about the wasting of money on such luxuries as Wild Turkey or indeed his and hers underwear. You are meant to be saving up for a Winter visit here! You will love the spare "fishing" room (as young Charlotte calls it) now as in preparation I have decided to redecorate it.Andy brought a Realtree duvet set for it the other day!

Hope you get out on the bank/boat again soon Jan as Im dying to hear reports of record Bluegills caught on UK tactics!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

5. Men, often keen to gain favour of women, hook into the fish and pass them the rod to reel it in and take the credit.

Mmmmm, yes, but who would want a woman that accepted such a set-up?

It's something that would never happen as far as Norma and I are concerned.

In Belize we both caught bonefish on the fly. Norma will tell you that she is no flyfisher, but with a strongish wind behind her and advice to aim high, she did manage to cast far enough to catch one, and then repeated the exercise to show it was no fluke.

She then said to our boatman "I must be the worst fly-caster who has ever caught a bonefish"

"No", said the boatman, "plenty of worse women casters have caught bones on fly"

Then he added "Because I or their husband has cast and hooked the fish for them"

We both said together "That doesn't count"

The only concession Norma gets is that sometimes I cast for her when we are using beachcasting multipliers at night. Any other situation she is on her own.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I agree with you, Dave. The joy of fishing is just as much in the casting/catching as it is reeling the fish in. The satisfaction I get when I get that strike can't be replicated if someone else hands me the rod.

It seems that these days that there are women who fish on equal terms with men, and who are able enough in their own right to cast, bait up and even make their own decisions about tactic and location. However I havn't yet met a couple where the woman is the 'main' angler, one who takes off for long sessions leaving 'him indoors' to the kids and the telly. Listening to angling couples often the man has introduced the woman to fishing and not the other way around. Do such relationships exist? ones where 'he' is taken out a couple of times a year (if the weather is nice enough for him), and is told 'where we are going fishing, for how long and for what species, and perhaps has a rod passed to him complete with attached fish?

Are there women who tell hubby that 'she an the girls are planning a Carp 'n Cat trip to Spain, 'you don't mind do you sweetheart? an' your Mam can help you with the kids '. Does he get a bottle of cheap duty free aftershave as his reward for being so understanding?

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"