cake and eat it

barry luxton

But "accepting" doesn't mean you have to do anything - you don't have to join in or anything. It just means not going out of your way to treat them any differently to anybody else. It's not normal, nor is being left-handed or seven feet tall or putting ketchup on your pudding.

• Like 1

Den it must bother you if you think that any bloke wanting to talk to you might think you're gay, or is gay himself.

It's the last thing that enters my mind, and only then if he makes a reference to it.

but the sad case is that nowadays when I meet up with a bloke on the beach and he "wants a chat" then I quickly make mention of "the wife", wouldn't want him to think I was "one of those" :)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

quote:

I worked for 5 years managing a project to support young LGBT people (my last full time job) and part of the role, along with other agencies was to help repair broken young people. During all that time I never dealt with anyone who had been damaged by preditory adults, but there were lots whose lives have been made a misery by homophobic and transphobic bullying by both supposed grown ups and other young people. It was especially sad that some of them were not LGBT people at all but some other person(s) had decided that they were quite sure that they were, and acted against them accordingly.

I really don't care, nor will I share in their misery and why should I. I really can't stand it when the preferences of the few 'special' cases are foisted upon the majority and society must accept as normal or you are classed as queer funny and not right in the head and you can be prosecuted for your prejudices. I'm prepared to live and let live, but to share any sentiment of 'their suffering' no thanks.

what really got up my goat with this current administration they find time to squeeze in legislation within next to no time for the minority gay 'marriages' to be normalised or else. Yet the majority have to wait till 2017 for a chance to vote for a European super state or not, absolutely bonkers.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Emma, I usually ignore what you have to say, you are as biased as I am. How do you arrive at the conclusion that I should be ashamed of my normal homophopic views? And as for the "old fart" dig, I just have to laugh it off, would it be OK for me to call you "queer" in return? Old fart probably describes me quite well, I am old and sometimes fart as well, most people fart on occasions so that was a waste of words on your part, I am also old so you were at least correct there, but wasted as an insult.

Furthermore, I don't need to defend my attitude to life, I am normal, queers/poofs/arse bandits/ brown hatters or whatever they are, are not "normal" they are an aberration and in the rest of the animal world would probably have disappeared from the gene pool by now. Filthy practise, which you condone, and you have the nerve to call me shameless!

I've got plenty of mates, fished with loads of guys, often overnight in a tent or bivvy, Christ, I even once spent a night in a motel with Leon :) , but the sad case is that nowadays when I meet up with a bloke on the beach and he "wants a chat" then I quickly make mention of "the wife", wouldn't want him to think I was "one of those" :)

Just read your last post....what the hell is "openly homophobic" ?

Should be interesting to see how many words are deleted from this post :)

Den

It's difficult to know where to start answering this one, because I can't quite make sense of it. I called you an 'old fart'? when was that then? not in this thread, perhaps years ago and you have been smouldering about it ever since? you seem prone to hanging onto things. When you 'laugh off' these imagined slights is it with a kind of paranoid cackling? for indeed you display all the symptoms of paranoia, at least so far as this subject goes.

Animal world? same sex activity goes on in lots of species, google it.

You can spout your homophbic language in here, although it speaks volumes as to what the 'management' consider suitable. However if you were to say them openly in public then you are liable to be prosecuted (you definetly would have action taken against you if you did in my hearing). being LGBT isn't illecal but hate crime is.

You can call me 'queer' if you like, I am a proponent of 'queer theory', a sociological position. (you can look that one up too)

Homophbic views are not 'normal' I imagine that you consider lots of things not 'normal', while not really giving much though to what 'normal' really is.

You are truly in a sad way if you can't have a conversation with another man without mentioning that you are married.

What exactly do you mean by the 'flithy habit' you talk about?

'Openly homophobic' means exactly what it says, I cannot make it any simpler. You are unambiguously a homophobe and you speak openly about that...it's not really difficult for an English speaker.

It is a bit sad that people have more access to information than at any other point in human history and yet we still have these displays of ignorance.

Edited by Emma two
  • Like 1
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"