What are the strangest records in your collection ?..

Ken L

I Have:

In no particular order:

The Laughing Gnome - David Bowie.

Lucy in the sky with Diamonds - William Shatner.

Walk the dog - Laurie Anderson.

The ballad of Bilbo Baggins - Leonard Nimoy.

I have others too. :sun:

The big question is why you have these? What were you on at the time?? :sun:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you've got, there's no doubt that vinyl or cds rate much much higher than anything downloaded or taken of a friends hard drive. we've all got the William Shatner tracks, but did anyone actually buy them? :)

Ive got Star trekkin on 7" vinyl if that counts!

Also have Ozark mountain daredevils, Gong, Tim Blake, PFM, Al D'Meola, Stanley Clarke, Zappa (of course!) Alan parsons and a load of other stuff!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I have a demo CD of my son's garage band - Bellfield, engineered by Bert Jansch no less - performing "The Fish is Dead"

The lyrics go:

"The fish is dead, the fish is dead, the fish is deeeeaad"

(repeat many times)

"What shall we do with the tank?"

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Somewhere, in the deepest darkest recesses of my loft, I have (unless my mother threw it out - cos she used to do that sort of thing - she bought it anway) a copy of, wait for it, - My boy Lollipop by Millie - on a 78.

> ayjay looks in vain for the embarrassed smilie.

The big question is why you have these? What were you on at the time??

I've had the Laurie Anderson track for ages because I bought Oh Superman as a single. That's strange but the B side was Weired !

Shatner and Nimoy came from the local library and The Laughing Gnome came by way of a mates hard drive.

A weird track that I actually fancy tracking down for a second listen is "Fish Heads" by Barnes and Barnes.

"Fish heads, fish heads, yummy yummy fish heads

Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up. Yum"

You just don't get lyrics like that anymore !

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Playing Golf With My Flesh Crawling by The Family Fodder - now that's weird.

I used to have a copy of Paralyzed by The Legendary Stardust Cowboy - I absolutely defy anybody to come up with a record that comes even close to that.

My cousin has a large collection of CDs containing nothing but the sound of steam trains and diesels. That's just scary.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Camembert Electrique by gong is weird (as is most gong stuff) and made some sense in my old halcyon days :blink:

seen daevid allen a few times live when he was playing with the invisable opera company of tibet in glastonbury village halls.

he had hay fever at glastonbury 1994 and didnt show up for the gig at the sacred circle :schmoll::lol:

I have a demo CD of my son's garage band - Bellfield, engineered by Bert Jansch no less - performing "The Fish is Dead"

The lyrics go:

(repeat many times)

"What shall we do with the tank?"

Reminds me of 'How much is the fish' by Stump

"how much is the fish?

how much is the fish?

does the fish have chips?

does the fish have CHIPS?"

See ! And you thought the Martial Arts video made me a sick man.

Sick, but good taste <_<

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote