Good Crucian bag up water?

Dick Dastardly

a good mate of mine (Darral who caught the big Brown Trout on the AN Test fish in a few years back) has got the week of work next week and weve been trying to decide where to go,what to fish for etc.Despite being a very accomplished angler he has never caught many Crucian carp.we thought it would be good to have a day somewhere where we could catch loads of them! Dont have to be massive just some where where we can catch a netfull!

No where around Kent that I know of so we are prepared to travel a few hours for some good fishing.Anyone know of any where on a day ticket that would fit the bill?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Only the 1 in nottingham that i know of budgie but it might be a tad to far its just of junction 26 of the m1 ill supply details on a need to know basis ;) lol

Milton lake at Old bury hill ? had some good days there for crucian / tench, although not been this year yet, and it says on thier website that they've stocked small carp over last winter, so might be a case of wading through pasties to get to the crucians now. it's worth rining ahead if going here as this lake is sometimes closed for matches

http://www.bury-hill-fisheries.co.uk/site/

New one I found out about recently, but not visted yet, website makes it sound promising though

http://www.godalminganglingsociety.co.uk/MarshFarm/Mfarm.htm

Would be interested in a report on this place if anyone has fished it, it's quite a trip from here in Essex, but I do like my crucian fishing :D

Mat

Edited by Mat Hillman

Mat

Shorne Wood Country Park, near Cobham, Kent.

Its a day ticket water, pay on the bank, controlled by Thameside Works Angling Preservation Society.

The first lake you come to when walking from the car park, has the more obliging stock of crucians, as well as large roach and some other carp.

I don't know what you consider "bagging up", but I have had some very good catches from there.

The second longer lake is stocked with crucians, but they can be harder to locate.

I haven't fished there for a few years (use to be a member of TWAPS), but the info I have given was valid then.

Edited by Cranfield

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Thanks to all for your replies so far.Many other people have also sugested Bury Hill.

Mat,Marsh Farm is indeed worth the visit my own PB Crucian came from there.It has some clonking specimens in it.

Cranfeild,many thanks for your sugestion.It certainly sounds what Im looking for and not to far.By "bagging up" I meant being able to catch a dozen or so Cucians each rather than sitting it out all day at a water like Marsh Farm in the hope of just one lump.Looks like the favourite so far.

• 1 year later...
Thanks to all for your replies so far.Many other people have also sugested Bury Hill.

Mat,Marsh Farm is indeed worth the visit my own PB Crucian came from there.It has some clonking specimens in it.

Cranfeild,many thanks for your sugestion.It certainly sounds what Im looking for and not to far.By "bagging up" I meant being able to catch a dozen or so Cucians each rather than sitting it out all day at a water like Marsh Farm in the hope of just one lump.Looks like the favourite so far.

MArsh farm is in this weeks Anglers Mail, a guy in there managed a nice bag of cruscians up to abotu 4lb i think? and that was in a 4 hour session on a pole, managed to pull in some nice tench too up to about 5 lb

Needless to say im off there this weekend LOL

Connor.

I'd plump for Marsh Farm too - mind you weather's looking like a turn for the worse next week. Summer Pit is not a DT water - and the Crucians are VERY VERY fickle - I usually only catch them after dark...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I origonaly posted this over a year ago! We ended up getting an invite to fish a water called Bax Farm between Faversham and Sittingbourne.Didnt get the Crucians we had origonally intended to target but had a terrific day and were well looked after by the fishery staff.

Daz fished the method feeder on 1 1/4lb rods and 8lb line and after a slow start startwed bagging up on low double figure carp seem to remember he had around a dozen! not bad as we started fisjhing around miday and decided to call it a day when it started to rain early evening.I fished a 6m whipp and was well pleased with the quality roach (usually unfished for!) between 10ozs and just over the pound that I got into imediately. As the session wore on I had several small tench around the 3 mark which were great fun on the light gear.

Not a lover of "commercial" type waters but must admit to having an enjoyable day and as I said the staff were very friendly and helpfull.Certainly reccomended if your in the area.

Crucian wise Ive been down to Marsh Farm several times since being up here in Mitcham regularly and it never fails to be good.