Rakes

Thats the one Gerry! now can you please post a picture of where I put my car keys!

Dave they aint much cop are they!Need a good length of chain and some carefull rigging to make them work.

Robin,when I read your post I had a mental picture of you shooting in the water foot first after a rather over zealous chuck! Good Idea about cable ties.

Still cant think of the name! Its not a Fishermans,or a Kedge or a Danson I think.Answers on a post card to the usual address...er along with the money of course.Not all correct answers will recieve a prize but all calls will be charged...........

Its actually called a 'folding anchor' .Thats what chandlers know it as. It works perfectly well every time too...so long as you wrap it around a tree.

I made my rake a few weeks ago after a trip to my local bootfair - 2 rakes , a pack of cable ties (£1) and only 10 minutes work with a saw and some washing line

I hope you didnt throw the handle away. Leon could knock up a dozen pike lures from that :rolleyes:

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

T'is a Grapnel Anchor,

Mine used to work fine with 15' of chain and only a 14' boat!

Some boat fairs have them going cheap where some twit has put the wrong collar on them and they wont stay 'out', easy to fix with a spot of weld (but then it wont fold!) or a bit of string if your 'weeding'.

I just got myself a fishing rake the other evening - I broke the handle off mine while preparing a new drive, I need a new proper rake now....

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

T'is a Grapnel Anchor,

Mine used to work fine with 15' of chain and only a 14' boat!

Some boat fairs have them going cheap where some twit has put the wrong collar on them and they wont stay 'out', easy to fix with a spot of weld (but then it wont fold!) or a bit of string if your 'weeding'.

I just got myself a fishing rake the other evening - I broke the handle off mine while preparing a new drive, I need a new proper rake now....

Easily solved - get yourself a fishing rake , cut off the rope , split the two rake heads ( either knocking off the weld or cutting the cable ties ) stick an old brrom handle into one rake head hole and voila !!!...a brand new , garden rake :sun:

Easily solved - get yourself a fishing rake , cut off the rope , split the two rake heads ( either knocking off the weld or cutting the cable ties ) stick an old brrom handle into one rake head hole and voila !!!...a brand new , garden rake :sun:

Oh bugger, I've gone and chopped the handle down into 4" lengths now - ready to make some 'Leon Plugs'...... :(

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

coper pipe wit some holes drilled in it an some nails put tru it, works great an is realy lite

I've not found a light rake to be an advantage, I prefer some weight to get them down the bottom and help them stay there on the retrieve. A light rake is too prone to ride up in the water.

£40!,£40! I should co-co :rolleyes:

One thing about raking,always leave the weed youve "removed" in the margin rather than chucking it up the bank.Doesnt leave a stinking ,rotting eye sore plus i then allows any aquatic life in it to not be removed/harmed.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I made a rake out off a piece of 1"dia S/S pipe, with lengths of 4mm S/S welding rods attached. On the other end off a nylon washing line I had a S/S weed cutter attached, both worked great. They worked so great that I was using them on a small local pond, and lent them to the club to use. The pond got polluted then filled in, the club disbanded, and I've not seen any members since, so I don't think I'll ever see either them again.

Another addition to Budgies post about leaving weed in the margins, always check it, I've seen small Tench and Perch in weed I've raked out.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John