Stop Ronaldo

BoozleBear

All Done :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe feel different my ar$e! :angry: yer a jealous Scot and thats the end of it. :rolleyes:

I've never known such bitter posts from one country, an honest explanation please the hatred for our football team by the Scots? I've been asking this question for a long long time and never had an answer. :rolleyes:

This thread sums it up pretty well, as a Scot I don't particularly hate the English team, its the English Commentators, Press, BBC and the blame culture of some of the fans that cause the other countries to resent the English teams in any event.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Justice was done tonight, well done France :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I know real guts when I see it and you won't ever see it from Rooney until he grows up and becomes a real man.

Real men don't need to stamp on other blokes knackers when they lose their rag - unfortunately the infantile Rooney still hasn't learnt to control it.

The only guts he shows is his own generous girth.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Davy Holt has answered your question pefrectly - its the English commentators and media that gets to us, not the team at all. It all the over the top hype about a team of very good players who just cant play together .... whos fault? I think Sven. Its not the team - its all the hype seen through English Rose Tinted Glasses.

When the BBC did that small bit about Sven last night after the Portugal - France match, I think it was Alan Hansen who made a good point in saying that the worst thing that happened to England was beating Germany 5-1 ... it made an average coach (Sven) look like a god, seems to me he was there just for the millions he was getting paid.

Look at the England midfield, its absolutely packed with some of the best midfielders in the world - but they just cant play to their full potential together .... in my eyes, the weak link is Beckham, yes I think hes the best passer of the ball in the world, but he just doesnt mould into that midfield - Lampard and Gerrard have so much more ability ... and when needed Lennon brought that little bit of zip that seemed missing.

Theo Walcatt ... what was that all about? I feel sorry for him, all the over the top media hype about him, and he hardly kicks a ball. The player I feel most sorry for is Wayne Rooney, he was stupid lashing out and stamping the way he did ... but the pressure put on that boys shoulders by the whole English media .... as the Great English Hope, it was just unreal (how many goals has he scored for England in build up to world cup when fit?) .... two injured strikers for upfront, an inexperienced teeenager, and poor old Peter Crouch ... who I think did himself proud if Im honest.

Ronaldo a cheat yes, but I thought he played some nice football (when not been to ball greedy) - but his diving etc was pretty sickening, same goes to Thierry Henry ... the sooner FIFA bring in much stiffer laws on that, the better, ie Ronaldos diving against Portugal was farcical, and Im not overly convinced it was a penalty for France, Henry going down looked a we bit theatrical.

Yes, there is haterd of the England football team in Scotland ... personaly, not by me - hate is far far to strong a word, I'd never say I hate them, I could never support England though - but I enjoy watching a good game of football no matter whos playing, and would of liked to see England play the good football that their players are capable off .... but they did not play any good football at all in my eyes, with exceptions of a period against Paraguay, and on other occasions some nice play by Joe Cole, Lampard and Gerrad.

If I have to use the word HATE, It is all the over the top media hype I hate and thats what the majority of Scots I know hates, it has fuelled the fire throughout Scotland to hope England fall flat on their faces, the media and commentators make a pretty average playing team out to be a super team, and will win the cup easily - then of course all the constant 1966 references, its just all a bit much!

So, to put you straight - Im not a jealous Scot ... what is there to be jealous off? Scotland not been there .... :) the Scotland team are terrible ... and over past decade or so us Scots have accept that as fact, and if we had been there, it would of been embaressing Im quite sure. I will not start getting my hopes up about Scotland about anything, hopefully I can in a few years ... after the European Championships ... with Italy, France, and Ukraine in our qualifying group its not looking good, but what better way to make our team better than playing such good teams ........... England have a much easier draw.

So when I thank the cheat Ronaldo, its a thank you for not having to put up with the English medias way over the top hype anymore. :) Hope that answers your question ... not the team, the hype surrounding it.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

I cannot understand this attitude of not supporting a home nation team. I have Scots ancestry(going back a few generations), and relatives in Scotland, we have a bit of banter and mickey taking, but always support the home nations be it England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland, unless we are playing each other, of course. I don't know how old you are Gilles, but I'm old enough to remember all the hyp' that went with "Ally's Army" going to Argentina.

As for the Rooney incident, I am certain that it was not a deliberate stomp on the Portuguese guy, foolish enthusiasm yes, but not deliberate. This is in contrast to the Portuguese teams policy of trying to trick the ref at any opportunity. This I put down to one man, Scolari, it was obviously a team tactic, and thank heavens he didn't get the England job.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I dont remeber it (I would of been 3 at the time), but have read and watched how over the top Scotland went --- they thought they would win it, and the media fuelled of that. The over the top hype that went with Allys Army is an incident most Scots would try to forget :) I know they made total fools of themselves, the footage of the late Ally Macleod sitting with his head in his hands sums up that campaign in a nutshell, loads of hype - and falling flat on their face ... badly ... I think from that Scotland learned a big lesson in not to be over confident, and not over hype their team.

allymacleod.jpeg

Ally Macleods Famous Shot ... :(

Today we live in a much more media driven world compared to 1978, and England are one of the very best teams "on paper", but not on the field (my opinion) ... so there will be hopefull media hype generated, and rightly so, like every country would do ... to rouse the country up to follow the team passionately, but the hype generated by the English media is just way way way over the top for most Scots (me included) to put up with I guess, some of the hype was edging on Science Fiction in my eyes!

I think one way of trying to understand it - and how some Scots see it (NOT ME) is this ... If Germany played a team like Chile --- I'd guess that majority of England fans would not be up for Germany, but why ... a fellow European team playing a South American team, cause the majority of English fans do not like Germany for historical reasons between the "UK" and Germany .... though, times change and I personaly find Germany a great country, with fantasic people, but for many Scots I think its the same way they feel about England ... just to much history been the two countries to give them support ... so if Scotland does not back England, it can be understood for that stance.

Bottom line, I dont think England played well enough to merit them going through to the semi finals .... and I said before, I blame Sven - and also, I dont think Portugals tactics (well Ronaldos blatant cheating) should have seen them through to the final, Im glad they didnt go through and got what they deserved against France.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

It always gets me how the Scots bring up the history between England and themselves. "Remember Culloden" the cry. I watched the docu/drama on BBC the other night, and it illustrated that the differences were as much between the lowlanders and highlanders as it was with the English. In fact most of the slaughter that followed the battle, was carried out by the low land Scots in revenge for the cattle raids and pillaging done by the highlanders. The highland army seemed to have a striking resemblance to the England world cup squad, in that it was ill prepared, tactically out thought and had an inept leader in Charles Stewart. :)

We should learn from history, not use it as a wedge to drive between present day nations.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John