Card game enthusiasts, your help is needed!

mc_mrbishi

Hi was hoping someone could help?

I was on a fishing trip to france with some freinds where i got quite addicted to a certain style of the trumps card game.

The people i was with called in nominated trumps but cant seem to find an online game under this name or any info on the game.

The trip was a while ago so bear with me on the rules of the game!

The cards are dealt in the following way first round 10 cards to each player, second round 9 cards etc. untill 1 card was dealt then you would rise again up to 10.

So there was a total of 19 rounds played.

After the cards are dealt the person sitting clockwise from the dealer would call how many hands they would win, then the next player and so on untill everyone has called!

The person to call the highest number of hands or the first person to call that number would then nominate what the trumps are!

The scoring system was basically a point for every hand you got and if you made the amount of hands you called you would get an extra 10 points.

The player at the end of the 19 rounds with most points was the winner!

Im sorry this may be a tedious post but i really enjoyed the game, and havent been able to find an online game or any info on the game!

As i say im not sure the name "nominated trumps" was correct or even if we was playing the correct rules so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Chris

It sounds like a version of 'Whist' Chris. I've played a similar version, but only 7 cards were dealt 1st hand, then 6, then 5 and so on. Scoring was similar, but I've not played one exactly like yours.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

As i say im not sure the name "nominated trumps" was correct or even if we was playing the correct rules so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Chris

Yes mate, used to play a lot of cards when 'away'

The game you describe we called "nominations"

A couple of other good obscure ones....

Chase the bitch

Sergeant Major (which is the only decent game you can play with 3 players.)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

We used to call it nomination whist.

The wrinkle was that the dealer (who is last to 'nominate') could not make the total tricks nominated up to the total number of cards, i.e. somebody had to be wrong each round

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Thanks guys thats helped a lot!

GlennB: yes we played with that rule as well.

I think the rules we played were a bit hit and miss but definately the basics of nomination whist.

Im meeting them all again on friday for the weekend so im off to get some practice on an online version before then.

Thanks again guys.

It's proper name is "Forcast Whist"

My family play's with trumps which are NOT nominated.

1) Hearts

2) Clubs

3) Diamonds

4) Spades

5) No trumps

6) Masare ( not sure hows it spelt, but everyone had to ensure they did not win a hand ! )

7 to 10 repeat 1 to 4.

One of my brothers ended with a score of 0, he predicted 0 for each hand and somehow managed it. The luck of the cards.

Andrew Boyd

Sergeant Major (which is the only decent game you can play with 3 players.)

I used to love that game :)

3-handed crib is playable, but you can be at the mercy of the player who's well behind and is pegging in front of the opponent you're trying to beat.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Yes nomination whist it is,we play it most days at work during our break. We start off at 8 hearts,work our way down to one card and then one back up to eight again.

Its a good game :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy