Editing Fun #1

Steve Randles

Nice work Corydoras. However, you've just made me realise that we're using "Paint shop pro". How does that stack up against "Photoshop"?

Cheers...........HB

Well their similar packages. Its a bit like asking whats the difference between a Mondeo and a Vectra. What version of PSP do you have? There are some things that PSP is good at that Photoshop is not and vice versa.

You can use most Photoshop plugins with PSP ;)

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here is my edit, the final one for this photograph. I thought some Geese coming in to sort out the Red Arrows worked quite well.:D

ANFun.jpg

I opened both the AN pic and a pic of the geese and working on the latter I selected the magic wand tool and clicked the sky once to select it. I then clicked Select/Inverse to reverse select the Geese then clicked Edit/Copy and moved to the AN pic.

Next I clicked Edit/Paste to put the Geese into the picture then clicked Edit/Transform/Scale to resize them to fit.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I've made a list for the next one, shout up if you dont want including or want in on the next one.

If wirral sea fishing would post a photo for us with the list then we can start again...:D

Thanks everyone, great fun! :D

List for next one is:

MrWiggly

nursejudy

Finepix

Hellbelly

corydoras

TubularBelle

John E Ashford

Jan V

Steve Randles

wirral sea fishing

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Well I was going to have a practise at all the instructions esp with Steve and Wirrals edits because they know a way (I think) to not have to 'cut out' the picture to paste in which is very hard to do. But we are using a different program so it is all gobble de gook to me. Still, my Mum is 75 years old and a computer nut, she has learnt nothing by the book and everything by trial and error. About 4 years ago when I wanted to combine two photos together we did it the really hard way, taking 3 whole days to get the effect we wanted in the end, but there is a strange kind of pleasure from being able to achieve the result you want by trial and error. And I may do it the hard way, but I'll get there in the end. Meanwhile we might have to consider getting the photoshop program so that we can benefit from these instructions, I'm assuming it is the Adobe Photoshop? We have been using Paint Shop Pro 9.

That was great fun, looking forward to the next one.

Just one thought though, I know this is just for fun and there are no rules, but I am wondering if the objective is to try and keep the photo natural looking, as if nothing has been obviously changed or added to it. For example, you would not paste a Bear in the middle of a crowded Shopping Centre, or a Bull in a China Shop! Cool, someone post a picture of a China Shop! Any opinions on this?

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Jan, I've added you to the list.

Tracey, the general idea is as a learning teaching fun tool with the loose ideal of having the photo you post resembling the original picture. Some will be outlandish, some funny and some will fit. I think its best we just feel our way along and see how it goes

Focal Planet

No worries re above comment.

Sorry Steve, had some more thoughts.

I was thinking it would be good to see all the edits together so maybe for future games you could either put them all together at the end, or like in the Photo Challenge, have a seperate thread for comments, and all future Photo Edits are for photos and instructions only so we can see the transformation easilly.

Also if the list of participants starts to get a little long, you could pick a set number for each edit, say 5 or so, and every time there is a game, those people go to the bottom of the list.

For example:(based on 6 participants)

The Old List

Wirral Sea Fishing

MrWiggly

TubularBelle

Finepix

Hellbelly

Corydoras

Steve Randles

New List

Nurse Judy

John E Ashford

Jan V

Wirral Sea Fishing

Mr Wiggly

TubularBelle

Next List would be

Finepix

HellBelly

Corydoras

Steve Randles

Nurse Judy

John E Ashford

You could keep an adjustable MAIN list at the start of the Comments thread, for anyone to add their name to the bottom or remove their name whenever they want. And then at the start of each new game, you announce the participants for that game. The person who chooses the photo is the last person on each list. You might think that 10 people or more can contribute to one photo and thats cool, but eventually, if it becomes very popular, there will be too many people to work on one photo. Perhaps we could save this suggestion for when that happens.

Cheers.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Good game, good game.It is good to see how each process developes the original.Well done to you all.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.