Damn this government!

*Ant*

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The system to ensure illegal immigrants do not receive free NHS care is unworkable"

Totally untrue !

All you need to do is to get patients to turn up for their first appointment with a consultant with their passport and/or IND paperwork.

An hour's training for the counter staff and it's done.

Same with GP's surgeries. They are routinely registering people who do not have a right to free NHS care because they are too embarrassed to ask for and not trained to check passports and IND documents.

Worse still, most GP's don't have a clue what and how to charge people who don't have a right to free care.

This stuff isn't rocket science and as a nation, we cannot afford to treat the world.

A flight ticket to the UK is a lot cheaper than a £15000 operation and it's getting so that it's the prefered option in counties like Nigeria.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

the estimated 600.000 (???????) illegal immigrants

They are not illegal immigrants. The 600,000 you're talking about are all fellow citizens of the European Union and are fully entitled to live and work anywhere in the EU. It's exactly the same as you or I choosing to take a job in France or Germany.

You may have an issue with the European Union, you may have one with the expansion of the EU to include the former Soviet bloc countries. You don't have an issue with illegal immigration, because that's not what this is.

(FWIW, I'm not entirely happy about European expansionism, but that's a much bigger debate)

They are not illegal immigrants. The 600,000 you're talking about are all fellow citizens of the European Union and are fully entitled to live and work anywhere in the EU. It's exactly the same as you or I choosing to take a job in France or Germany.

You may have an issue with the European Union, you may have one with the expansion of the EU to include the former Soviet bloc countries. You don't have an issue with illegal immigration, because that's not what this is.

(FWIW, I'm not entirely happy about European expansionism, but that's a much bigger debate)

Nope, read the links........600,000 ILLEGAL immigrants.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

This situation is an absolute nightmare, and will only serve as further ammunition for those who would like to see the NHS replaced by private health insurance. :(

Steve,

Did you read Ant's link it clearly refers to 400,000 illegal immigrants,if they are illegal they should not get treatment at any cost so i do not see how a payment system matters,If the failing system refers to visitors to our shores who come for treatment thinking they can get it free which happens all the time then that needs to be stamped out.

I seem to remember my NHS medical card and number we all have one no card no treatment.Easy.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

"NHS Medical cards are not universally used - some PCTs don't issue them at all, others do so only on request."

http://www.nhs.uk/England/Doctors/MedicalCard.cmsx

:(

Yes see what you mean,i was thinking of perhaps an older system which soon after the register of birth a medical card or national insurance card was issued with your National insurance number.I think i have still got my original somewhere from the 50's.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

As long as this debate doesn't get confused with legal asylum seekers and immigrants the I agree with Ant (did I just say that :unsure: ) Illegal immigrants should not get free treatment.

Having said that, what do you do when someone collapses in the street and is brought into you A&E dept with a heart attack. Check his papers, or if he doesn't have any, swipe his credit card? Then once he is in hospital, do you carry on treating him?

This type of treatment has to be available regardless, but not medical tourism.

BTW nothing to do with cancer drugs, they are funded differently

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/