Bass MLS Decision to be Overturned?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I believe they have a very good case. Unless of course Tony Blair rips up the common fisheries policy with the EU. Unilateral decisions don`t tend to fare well in courts of justice, especially after fishing ministers have agreed on a common policy.

If you bar a single nation from enjoying the rights allowed to the rest of the European Union, how long do you think it will take the "Human rights" legislation to be invoked.

This whole episode is turning into a farce. Looking at Defras` track record it comes as little suprise. :wallbash::wallbash:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Unfortunately I believe they have a very good case. Unless of course Tony Blair rips up the common fisheries policy with the EU. Unilateral decisions don`t tend to fare well in courts of justice, especially after fishing ministers have agreed on a common policy.

If you bar a single nation from enjoying the rights allowed to the rest of the European Union, how long do you think it will take the "Human rights" legislation to be invoked.

This whole episode is turning into a farce. Looking at Defras` track record it comes as little suprise. :wallbash::wallbash:

:clap2: Perhaps they expected it to be overturned, that's why it doesn't come into force until April next year, plenty of time to organise the appeal. Then the government/Defra can say to RSA's/BASS, "Well we tried for you but we can't do it". Then the whole conservation policy goes out of the window because of EU law. :clap2:

It was an unjust decision based on spurious evidence that won't stand up in court. It cannot be just that this legislation only applies to English boats and not other EC countries. Meanwhile the Labour Party thank the few anglers that care about bass for their votes and now Europe will over turn the legislation.

My Human Rights have been violated. I was staying in tonight but I'm going to go out and kill some 36cm bass and donate the cash to the NFFO.

Never thought I'd say this but thank God for the EU. Are political donations tax deductable?

It was an unjust decision based on spurious evidence that won't stand up in court. It cannot be just that this legislation only applies to English boats and not other EC countries. Meanwhile the Labour Party thank the few anglers that care about bass for their votes and now Europe will over turn the legislation.

My Human Rights have been violated. I was staying in tonight but I'm going to go out and kill some 36cm bass and donate the cash to the NFFO.

Never thought I'd say this but thank God for the EU. Are political donations tax deductable?

hi mikec

just smiling here

Why haven't the National Federation of Sea Anglers also mounted a legal challenge to get the BMP decision overturned?

MikeC you are quite correct when you say "It was an unjust decision based on spurious evidence that won't stand up in court", ........It should have been 45cm not 40!!!

QUOTE,Spasor;If you bar a single nation from enjoying the rights allowed to the rest of the European Union, how long do you think it will take the "Human rights" legislation to be invoked.

Spasor, from the little I understand you have hit the nail on the head.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!