Shogun or Freelander

*Ant*

I seem to remember that some freelanders ( this could well be the 1.8 as the MG soft top which has the 1.8 engine also suffers with this!! ) suffer from the head gasket blowing due to it being made from steel with a silicone bead that lets go and is very costly to repair.

It would have to be the TD Shogun for me :)

Alan.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Ant,

I've got the jap version of the Shogun Sport, 2.8TD auto box.. superb bit of kit.. loads of space and not too bad on the fuel. I use it a lot at work for towing the car trailer.

Norrie has the UK spec one with the 3l Petrol engine.. again superb bus.

Thanks Davy, would that be the Pajero then?

Do the rear seats fold flat?

:thumbs:

I seem to remember that some freelanders ( this could well be the 1.8 as the MG soft top which has the 1.8 engine also suffers with this!! ) suffer from the head gasket blowing due to it being made from steel with a silicone bead that lets go and is very costly to repair.

It would have to be the TD Shogun for me :)

Alan.

Thanks, that was something that crossed my mind. :thumbs:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Come on ANT!! Keep up!! I have a Pajero!! (Thanks in NO small part to a certain person!!) And DAVY has the most ostentatious version of the shogun yet!! IT'S VERY BIG and VERY BLACK and SHINY!!! Not at all like the Pajero!!! :blink:

SHame cos' I think we MIGHT have done something with the bus you got rid of.........:-)

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Come on ANT!! Keep up!! I have a Pajero!! (Thanks in NO small part to a certain person!!) And DAVY has the most ostentatious version of the shogun yet!! IT'S VERY BIG and VERY BLACK and SHINY!!! Not at all like the Pajero!!! :blink:

SHame cos' I think we MIGHT have done something with the bus you got rid of.........:-)

Well come on then Mr Goddard..........do the rear seats fold flat? :rolleyes::P;)

p.s. I do still have a classic E30 shape BMW 3 series. ;)

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Mine move forward and the back folds down to the seat, not sure IF they go right down or not........ BUT back is PLENTY big enough!!! :)

Classic??!! I BET it is!!! :lol: But only cos' you still have it! :rolleyes:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Ant, my son, trust me on this one ... ANY car seat will fold flat if you apply enough pressure.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President