Rod Licence checks

Dick Dastardly

A) How long have you been fishing after the age of 12?

Went regularly up until the the age of around 25 but have got back into it in the past 4 years

B) How many days a year do you fish?

Not as many as i would like due to family/work/diy etc you know the score

C) How many times have you had your Rod Licence checked (by official WA/NRA/EA baillif as opposed to club baillif or fishery owner)?

once last year. prior to that only once in all my fishing trips. bailiffs are a rare breed it seems

20 years fishing

fish around 10 imes a week, couple hours before and after work and weekends

checked in my first year,20 years ago, never since, not even by a baliff of the water i was fishing, they just took my money

But could the checks be over looked by the gear we have and carry. one water i fished this year for my first time, i had all my gear, he never checked. then another guy came behind me with just a rod and landing net and small holdall. he was asked.

it may have been random, or the gear i had. like the police i guess, you have a 20 year old banger, they are more inclined to stop that than a more newer model.

before you all start lol, i know they stop everyone, just trying to get a point across lol

regards.

smac

woman want me, fish fear me

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall have to alter my previous post....had my licence checked today!!!!!!!!!!1

Nice couple, had to phone check me out as I had left licenses at home.

pedunkle fishing next to me was not so lucky, been reported for possible prosecution. He gave a false name (I told them who he was) and they took his car number as well. It was taxed, so they have him by the short and curlies :0 :)

He is a nasty bit of work, and deserves all he gets.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

10 years (not including my sea fishing).

Up to 20 times per year.

C) How many times have you had your Rod Licence checked (by official WA/NRA/EA baillif as opposed to club baillif or fishery owner)?

Never

Edited by riverside

Only been fishing for 3 years after a long break

Slowly increasing, about 40 at the moment

Never.....what do they look like?

DEN tsk tsk its your age i bet !

my biggest bane is anglers leaving their permits in the car ,why dont they keep it in their box :mellow:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

DEN tsk tsk its your age i bet !

my biggest bane is anglers leaving their permits in the car ,why dont they keep it in their box :mellow:

mines in my wallet, it stays there till i get a new one, i take my gear every morning to work, and and home again, just incase i decide to fish on the way.

treat your license like your bank card, thats what i say.

smac

woman want me, fish fear me

25 yrs

about 60 ish i guess

apart from when i fished nationals and everyone knew they would be round in more than 30 yrs of fishing i;ve

seen an ea bailiff once when i was 14 and sods law that whas the day i didnt have license on me so had to post proof.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Not my age at all lads, simply don't think it wise to carry wallet etc unless I think I may need it that day. Had it fall out of my pocket a while ago, luckily it was still there on the bank the next day.

Den

Chesters you have pm re Peduncles :)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I have been asked for my licence twice in the past 6 years, both at the same commercial venue near chelmsord, I have fished all over Herts, Beds, Essex , Cambs and Norfolk.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.