Better sound wanted.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

I'm using my laptop and listening to online music.

I also play music from my hard drive.

I run through a basic amp and a quite reasonable pair of speakers.

My question is................can I use any sort of 'equiliser/proscessor(sp)' software before the sound comes out of my l/top?

Thanks.

ps.

The highs are good mids average but bass needs more thump.;)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://us.creative.com/products/product.as...p;product=10769

onboard sound sucks

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Ferret1959

Cheers Dave, didn't think of that idea.

Just put a bid on a similar type of device but cheaper on Ebay.

External sound card so gotta be better than to onboard one.

Comes with a good s/ware package too, be able to get all my vinyl on to mp3. :)

This is an external soundcard?

(sorry, just realised this is for a notebook)

Howard, I'm using the laptop in doors as static anyhow so external card is surfice.

Post your link again.

Cheers.

What are u using to play your tracks?- i am no expert ,but messing around I have found Apollo( it's free-try sourceforge) to be way better than I Tunes,Win Amp or Media player

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

Have you tried a Gramaphone Ferret, the sort that has a windup handle on the side.

No power point needed. :thumbs:

All these modern gadgets, and here you have the power free option to play all your vinyls. Your Vera Lynns will sound more authentic, and your friends on the river banks, would appreciate with you, your taste in music.

A few years back a well known comedian played Des O'conner vinyls and the fish were jumping onto the river banks. ;)

I hope my tip helps you, in your search for the perfect reproductional musical sounds. :whistling:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Guest Ferret1959
Have you tried a Gramaphone Ferret, the sort that has a windup handle on the side.

No power point needed. :thumbs:

All these modern gadgets, and here you have the power free option to play all your vinyls. Your Vera Lynns will sound more authentic, and your friends on the river banks, would appreciate with you, your taste in music.

A few years back a well known comedian played Des O'conner vinyls and the fish were jumping onto the river banks. ;)

I hope my tip helps you, in your search for the perfect reproductional musical sounds. :whistling:

Even less energy..................a cats whisker radio set.

I have an old BBC crystal set and it still works.........................wind up..........to much like hard work if you ask me. :D :D

Was you successful Dave??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Onboard sound sucks.

USB Sound not much better.

For music, Creative products not brilliant, but that just my opinion.

These get a good write up, not sure if you can buy thewm over here yet.

http://www.xitel.com/product_hfl.htm (Yeah I know it's USB, but gets some good reviews) Go google.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/xitel_hi-fi_link.htm

Funnily enough went looking for this very item after reading Daves post!! :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))