Harley versus Honda

severus

Since when exactly have Triumphs been better than a Ducati. Thishful winking methinks.

Cory

Not really the old Bonny sounded nice and the new one is not too bad, the performanc is a different matter though.

Have you seen the new Thruxton by the way Look at http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/5944.aspx

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still get a free monkey with a Harley, to run along behind you to picking up the bits that have rattled off?;)

Best American bikes IMHO were Indians. Best of British? Forget Triumphs or Nortons. I would rather have a Vincent Black Shadow, Brough Superior or a Scott Squirrel in my garage. I wouldn't mind a Goldie either. :thumbs:

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

. I would rather have a Vincent Black Shadow, Brough Superior or a Scott Squirrel in my garage. I wouldn't mind a Goldie either. :thumbs:

I wouldn't mind any of them either you could also add the Ariel Square Four to the list., I still Like Triumphs and Norton's as well.

The original Boxter type Beemers were nice bikes and as an ex-Beemer owner I have always been a fan.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Cory

Not really the old Bonny sounded nice and the new one is not too bad, the performanc is a different matter though.

Have you seen the new Thruxton by the way Look at http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/5944.aspx

Tony

Tony

Been a biker all my life and could not really give a hoot what they sound like, just how quick they go and how well they handle. When I was in my 20s my mate had two Dukes, a darmah and an SS. I would rather have one of them than a Triumph any day of the week.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I wouldn't mind any of them either you could also add the Ariel Square Four to the list., I still Like Triumphs and Norton's as well.

The original Boxter type Beemers were nice bikes and as an ex-Beemer owner I have always been a fan.

Tony

I had a boxer too mate. I had a '78 R80/7. Mine was the model with the flat topped carbs, spoked wheels and dual discs up front. I loved that bike. Best quality machine I ever owned. My ex-wife passed her (French) bike test on an R/65. My brother-in -law has an R/60 from the 'fifties. My ex brother-in-law has about 6 Beemers, vintage to modern and a Ratier.

I think a lot of people over romaticise British bikes. The reason that they all went down the pan was that they just did not give the public what they wanted. A lot of them could not even design oil tight crank-cases.

PS Anyone with unwanted Squariels can throw them in my direction.

Here is a snap of my old Beemer. Not a very good photo.

vsj620sfull.jpg

Edited by corydoras

"A lot of them could not even design oil tight crank-cases."

Yep If it dont leak its empty

Tony

I remember a story in the late '80s when a Aussie carved two pots off a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine and squeezed them into a bike frame.

Here is a link.

Very nice bikes, what age is the Norton?

David Matthews

I had a chat with my mate today and he say's it was a 68 model but the front end is off a later model as it did'nt originally have disc brakes.

I remember a story in the late '80s when a Aussie carved two pots off a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine and squeezed them into a bike frame.

Here is a link.

I remember reading about that, absolutly mad.

:wheelchair: Nice to know I'm not the only OldFart on this forum :D Ah Scrambling on Black & White TV with Vic Eastwood & co :1a:

Oi less of the "fart"!!!

Ahh but do you remember Badger Goss ?!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I remember reading about that, absolutly mad.

I would say that was more eccentricity than madness. This is more like true madness :)

Edited by corydoras